X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ES3K
    • Oct 2008

TheCorner.com gets folded

Yoox-A-Porter will shut down "The Corner" because of overlapping brands/clients with their other estores/projects.

Source:

(german)

BTW, The Corner's affiliate link on SZ's front page isn't working, runs into an error page

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Thanks for letting me know. It will be replaced with a newest affiliate next week anyway.

I am not surprised that they are combining operations in order to cut costs. Net-a-Porter is an infinitely better shopping experience.

Apparently the layoffs continue:

Two more executives are leaving the online luxury retailer as chief executive officer Federico Marchetti puts his stamp on the company about a month after it was created by a merger.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nickefuge
        • Nov 2014

That´s bad, I liked the way The Corner was heading with the "genderless" option ...
        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• vtlynch
          • Sep 2015

I also dont like that they are planning to shut down The Corner. I think they certainly serve a distinct purpose. I think Mr.Porter is the "boutique" and TheCorner is the "mall". Different audiences in my opinion.

Comment

• darkbydesign
            • Sep 2010

^Depends on the brands. For Rick Owens as an example, The Corner carries some of the only runway items that are very exclusive buys (albeit at stupid high prices, IMO), but Mr. Porter, for instance has an amazing Thom Browne buy, most seasons. Just different audiences but both are so much better than Yoox. Yoox is just upping their game, but sounds to me more like the 1.3B investment is more around business operational costs and simply upgrading for a long term savings, so good move on their part. However, I wonder if there will be any complete rebranding on the Yoox side because I think of Yoox as not even being remotely on the same level as Corner or Mr. Porter but more like Century 21 for online shoppers. (just my feeling but that's how I see it)

1.3B is big $$ but I guess there are many apps and UIs that come along to save lots on operational costs.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

More dirt.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Law
                • Dec 2013

First world problems. Interesting never the less.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Yep. Rich rats fighting it out for the ever bigger slice of cheese. Disgusting. Someone should set Anonymous on them. Do a Mr. Robot episode.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎