• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rwyteman
    • May 2015

Wallet I made

Hello everyone,

I was looking through this forum a while back and was so impressed by peoples wallet efforts that I thought I would try making my own. I made this one for my friend "Sporsey" hence why it has "Sporsey" written on it. It is made from one piece of Sheep Leather with Brass hardware and a cord from a military surplus store. Cash goes in the unfurled section via an opening that's kinda hard to see in the pic, while there's 5 sections for cards. Let me know what you think. And please excuse my rough photoshopping in the first pic

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
  • mgala
    • Sep 2014

That's a nice wallet! Been wanting to make one myself too, but in a heavier leather. I don't know if the cord would be annoying, but i like the look of it, and i really like the brass details. Are they some kind of small screws?

Comment

• rwyteman
      • May 2015

Yeah I could see how people would find the cord annoying, I like it though because I can tie my keys and stuff up in it and have a little wallet/key bundle. The brass details are called "Chicago bolts" or Chicago Screws". I think they are popular in the book binding trade but you see them in belts and the like too.

Comment

• mgala
        • Sep 2014

Ahh, great, thanks! I will search around for them

Comment

• retarded_mj
          • Sep 2013

Probably a thinner cord or leather strap would be good? Just my opinion

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎