Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farfetch buys Brown's boutique (and is going "omni-channel")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ES3K
    • Oct 2008

Farfetch buys Brown's boutique (and is going "omni-channel")

The company plans to develop and test new innovations in retail technology and omni-channel at Browns, before rolling them out across the online platform’s full network of over 300 boutiques. The move is part of Farfetch’s omni-channel growth strategy, which, according to José Neves, who founded the company in 2007, is driven by one question: “How will people shop for luxury fashion in five or ten years?”

Full news:

I find this kind of interesting, is this the beginning of a brick & mortar renaissance? Also, Netaporter's former head buyer Holli Rogers is becoming CEO at Brown's.
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Interesting indeed. B&M was never going away. What I fear is that these behemoths will eventually kill independent boutiques (though so far FarFetch has been a helper, in a way). I think the push is for B&M stores to serve as showrooms that will let people shop online.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Ancient imperialism and colonization being applied to retail......

very soon there will be only a few empires with many city states under their guardianship
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• YTheLastMan
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by zamb View Post
        Ancient imperialism and colonization being applied to retail......

very soon there will be only a few empires with many city states under their guardianship
        Bleak...

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎