Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Red August

FORMERLY NEW YORK SHITTY/CURRENTLY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WOODS

Red, organic cotton, raw hemmed, long shirt with miniature, handmade and hand-stitched leather buttons, also in red.

As I shift the site to more of a made to order functionality, I will likely be increasing the available product range.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

WWW.AREDAUGUST.COM

I've done some recent overhaul on items and added a few new coats and jackets.

I had the pleasure of meeting a forum member this past weekend and selling them an item, while they were up in Maine, on family vacation, which was a treat.

I'm currently doing a small custom order for an overseas client and looking at a potential English retail outlet, but am always open to more business, if anyone would like a new jacket, or shirt, for fall. As time progresses, things will be done on a made-to-order regimen, for now, so ideas are always welcome.

Have a great week!

Quote Originally Posted by AVerdantShore View Post
    I had the pleasure of meeting a forum member this past weekend and selling them an item, while they were up in Maine, on family vacation, which was a treat.

Jesse may be the most down to earth guy I've met, at least from the industry.. I had a lovely experience with him and made some sort of relationship, which is odd because usually customers and clients don't mix lmfao. Just wanted to sing my praises for this guy, he has been really helpful lately.

Cotton and wool jacket with four button cuff and three button chest with staggered 4th neck button. Single vent, two interior pockets. Painted, handmade and hand-sewn bark-tanned leather buttons.

Cotton duckcloth classic vest with two pockets and seven leather buttons.

Cotton and wool five button jacket and cotton shirt, for a client in Australia.

WWW.AREDAUGUST.COM

looking great men!!! keep up the great work

Linen jacket and cotton shirt for a customer in Japan

Wool blend Sunday Best Suit for a customer in Australia

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Dyed blue-black wool labcoat and matching slender pants, for a customer in NY. Both complete with leather buttons, patch pockets, raw hem details and fully lined.

WWW.AREDAUGUST.COM

Vintage, 1960's curtain vest and pant set, edition of 2. Handmade and hand-stitched leather buttons. Two pockets on vest, four on pants. Raw hem detailing.

WWW.AREDAUGUST.COM

Raw hem wool and cotton blend pullover shirt, available with or without contrast stitching. Two exterior and two interior pockets, single vented.

Two tone wool blend scrap jackets with handmade and hand-stitched leather buttons.

Knit wool composite backed fused finger gloves with linen and wool blend cuff and 1930's vintage ribbon trim.

Linen asymmetric fencing coat with white cotton lining, for a customer in Australia. Handmade and hand-stitched leather buttons. Two exterior and two interior pockets, double vented.

WWW.AREDAUGUST.COM
    Last edited by AVerdantShore; 01-12-2016 at 12:44 AM.

Morandi Dinner Jacket

Francisco Shirt

Childe reversible cardigan

Jorn Denim Pant

Hemessen Trouser

Paxton DB Blazer

Rosa Blazer

WWW.AREDAUGUST.COM

Clearly on your way with a great body of work established. I gotta say I love the stripe and solid mix you have going on in some of the posts I saw. Personally i hate sewing, which is why I'm sitting on tons of fabric with nothing to wear. Keep it up as i can see you are really inspired to create and make (and sell ).

Quote Originally Posted by clay View Post
    Clearly on your way with a great body of work established. I gotta say I love the stripe and solid mix you have going on in some of the posts I saw. Personally i hate sewing, which is why I'm sitting on tons of fabric with nothing to wear. Keep it up as i can see you are really inspired to create and make (and sell ).
    Thanks, George!--but to tell you the utmost truth, I absolutely abhor sewing. This is in part due to the subpar quality of the machines I've access to, but it's never really been my thing, hence a lot of the rawer hems and frayed French seams. I've recently managed to evade incarceration for a decade long 'career' as a graffiti writer and have been taking care of my mom in her cancer, although she just passed away this past weekend. The former has presented itself with a somewhat long rapsheet, which has prevented me from having a normal job and was further incentive to go into business on my own. Both of those things were a very serious drain on my finances over the last year, so I'm hoping to acquire some new equipment, moving forward. We shall see what the future holds.

P.S. I'm terribly sorry if it isn't kosher to discuss my personal life here, but it'd become a big part of my professional life, as well.

There is no distinction for an artist.

Perfectly Kosher / Halal / gluten free.

Default Some recent things, amongst others

DB vest with buckled back strap with front panels made from dyed vintage jacquard tablecloths and back from dyed recycled cottons. Two pockets, handmade and hand-stitched boiled leather buttons.

Short sleeved, stand collar button down shirt with raw hem and cuffed sleeves, handmade and hand-stitched leather buttons. Also done in a black cotton and wool mix, for a customer in North America.

Linen Shooter vest with back strap, cotton lining and two pockets, for a customer in North America. Handmade and hand-stitched leather buttons.

These pants were commissioned by a forum member from North America and were a real treat to make. I learned a significant amount of new things as a result of the commission, for which I'm thankful. Having gotten my start on this forum, it was fun to see it come full-circle, after a year of doing this. They are full lined, with a floating lining and easy access for tailor's alterations, split back yoke with inset pockets, five button fly, utilizing my leather buttons and a metal button the customer sent and are crafted from Japanese cotton that has been coated with astringent Japanese persimmon, resulting in a most interesting waterproofed fabric. Thank you!

www.aredaugust.com

A few new things...

Thanks to everyone on the forum and elsewhere for their continued support.

(Since uploading to a hosting service, all of the images seem to have undergone some wacky changes in hue and saturation, for which I apologize)
    Last edited by AVerdantShore; 10-19-2016 at 08:07 PM.

--and last, but not least, some new womenswear items.

Rust dyed antique linen, rust dyed old sample and still wet recylced vintage cotton to be dyed with rust. These colours do run. I sat in my studio tonight, with reddish rust stains on my hands and now I feel as if I were watching them bleed.

Thank you to the American forum members here who did their duty as citizens and cast their vote, but I have to question where the world is turning.

It is with quite a heavy heart, fear and trepidation that I'm staring at the computer screen, tonight--watching as Trump seems to gain ground on Clinton and wondering how this could possibly have come to pass. As an American, have we really gone so far as to even allow such a bigoted, misogynistic, hateful person to step into the office? I had begun these feeling hopeful, possibly light and now find that there is something more somber in them.

I apologize for my rant--I'm just quite saddened by this turn of events.

Came across your work on my Instagram discover feed a few weeks ago and just found this thread here. Really fantastic stuff and more inspiring reading about your experiences. Keep up the great work -- I envy your talents.

Really sorry for such a late response. I rarely get back to this section. Sorry to hear about your mother! I understand and life is life. I am as you know following you on IG and I'm blown away by the work and the output! Great to see you on the road and developing rapidly!

Quote Originally Posted by clay View Post
    Really sorry for such a late response. I rarely get back to this section. Sorry to hear about your mother! I understand and life is life. I am as you know following you on IG and I'm blown away by the work and the output! Great to see you on the road and developing rapidly!
    Thank you!--I do see your posts online, from time to time, although the feed seems so unmanageable since they've altered the way they display the timeline. My tenant, not fashion savvy, mentioned your (former?) employer the other week and I had to smile.