• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dash
    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by AVerdantShore View Post

Edition 1/1--Classic, black linen and white cotton blazer:
    This looks great mate, what's the construction like inside? Is it canvassed/fused? If so, what did you (do you usually) use?
    www.gregdash.net
    @gregjdash

Comment

• Indes
      • Feb 2015

Hey friend, I took a look at your website and at the garments you posted in this thread and everything looks really great! I would love if maybe you had some spare time to kind of list out your process and maybe take photos of the garments while they are still a work in progress and then a photo of the finished pieces! I'll be keeping an eye on your work and ill likely pick something up soon.

Comment

• AVerdantShore
        • Jan 2011

To Zamb--thank you very much. I quite appreciate it and remember with gratitude your willingness to let me visit your atelier in Brooklyn. I want to say it was back in the spring of 2013, but I could be wrong about that. It's been a strange road to travel down and I'm often frustrated in the process, particularly being approached to commission cheaper versions of the things that people seek, be it clothes, or paintings. In time, I hope to move away from this and offer a more uniquely tailored vision of my own. I hope that all is well with you! Cheers!

Dash--I just finally emailed you back a few days ago. Life has been kicking my butt, lately! I answered your question in that email.
        Let me know if you get anywhere with Elena's staff member!

Indes--Perhaps I could do that, some day. My process is much the same as most designers--from fabric selection to pattern-making and sewing, although I do everything by myself and have no assistants. I do not buy large yardage runs and try to keep my overhead as low as possible. I'm still very much growing slowly and trying to keep it an organic growth. It's daunting, but hopefully in time will be something to look back upon.

Comment

• samlasamla
          • Sep 2011

Good-looking stuff.

Comment

• AVerdantShore
            • Jan 2011

Slightly shiny, ribbed silk and cotton blend three piece suit, made to order, with cotton linings and punched, hand-sewn, bark tanned leather buttons.

In retrospect, I would have chosen to mask the pocket linings more thoroughly and will do so in the future.

A RED AUGUST: HANDMADE IN THE PINES OF THE NORTHEAST

Comment

• AVerdantShore
              • Jan 2011

Red, organic cotton, raw hemmed, long shirt with miniature, handmade and hand-stitched leather buttons, also in red.

As I shift the site to more of a made to order functionality, I will likely be increasing the available product range.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Comment

• AVerdantShore
                • Jan 2011

I've done some recent overhaul on items and added a few new coats and jackets.

I had the pleasure of meeting a forum member this past weekend and selling them an item, while they were up in Maine, on family vacation, which was a treat.

I'm currently doing a small custom order for an overseas client and looking at a potential English retail outlet, but am always open to more business, if anyone would like a new jacket, or shirt, for fall. As time progresses, things will be done on a made-to-order regimen, for now, so ideas are always welcome.

Have a great week!

Comment

• round
                  • Aug 2015

Originally posted by AVerdantShore View Post
                  I had the pleasure of meeting a forum member this past weekend and selling them an item, while they were up in Maine, on family vacation, which was a treat.

Jesse may be the most down to earth guy I've met, at least from the industry.. I had a lovely experience with him and made some sort of relationship, which is odd because usually customers and clients don't mix lmfao. Just wanted to sing my praises for this guy, he has been really helpful lately.

Comment

• AVerdantShore
                    • Jan 2011

Cotton and wool jacket with four button cuff and three button chest with staggered 4th neck button. Single vent, two interior pockets. Painted, handmade and hand-sewn bark-tanned leather buttons.

Cotton duckcloth classic vest with two pockets and seven leather buttons.

Cotton and wool five button jacket and cotton shirt, for a client in Australia.

Comment

• MarlonLima
                      • Nov 2015

looking great men!!! keep up the great work

Comment

• AVerdantShore
                        • Jan 2011

Linen jacket and cotton shirt for a customer in Japan

Wool blend Sunday Best Suit for a customer in Australia

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Comment

• AVerdantShore
                          • Jan 2011

Dyed blue-black wool labcoat and matching slender pants, for a customer in NY. Both complete with leather buttons, patch pockets, raw hem details and fully lined.

Comment

• AVerdantShore
                            • Jan 2011

Vintage, 1960's curtain vest and pant set, edition of 2. Handmade and hand-stitched leather buttons. Two pockets on vest, four on pants. Raw hem detailing.

Comment

• AVerdantShore
                              • Jan 2011

Raw hem wool and cotton blend pullover shirt, available with or without contrast stitching. Two exterior and two interior pockets, single vented.

Two tone wool blend scrap jackets with handmade and hand-stitched leather buttons.

Knit wool composite backed fused finger gloves with linen and wool blend cuff and 1930's vintage ribbon trim.

Linen asymmetric fencing coat with white cotton lining, for a customer in Australia. Handmade and hand-stitched leather buttons. Two exterior and two interior pockets, double vented.

Last edited by AVerdantShore; 01-12-2016, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• AVerdantShore
                                • Jan 2011

Morandi Dinner Jacket

Francisco Shirt

Childe reversible cardigan

Jorn Denim Pant

Hemessen Trouser

Paxton DB Blazer

Rosa Blazer

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎