Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clay
    • Sep 2006

Clearly on your way with a great body of work established. I gotta say I love the stripe and solid mix you have going on in some of the posts I saw. Personally i hate sewing, which is why I'm sitting on tons of fabric with nothing to wear. Keep it up as i can see you are really inspired to create and make (and sell ).

Comment

• AVerdantShore
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by clay View Post
      Clearly on your way with a great body of work established. I gotta say I love the stripe and solid mix you have going on in some of the posts I saw. Personally i hate sewing, which is why I'm sitting on tons of fabric with nothing to wear. Keep it up as i can see you are really inspired to create and make (and sell ).
      Thanks, George!--but to tell you the utmost truth, I absolutely abhor sewing. This is in part due to the subpar quality of the machines I've access to, but it's never really been my thing, hence a lot of the rawer hems and frayed French seams. I've recently managed to evade incarceration for a decade long 'career' as a graffiti writer and have been taking care of my mom in her cancer, although she just passed away this past weekend. The former has presented itself with a somewhat long rapsheet, which has prevented me from having a normal job and was further incentive to go into business on my own. Both of those things were a very serious drain on my finances over the last year, so I'm hoping to acquire some new equipment, moving forward. We shall see what the future holds.

P.S. I'm terribly sorry if it isn't kosher to discuss my personal life here, but it'd become a big part of my professional life, as well.

Comment

• Arkady
        • Apr 2011

There is no distinction for an artist.

Perfectly Kosher / Halal / gluten free.

Comment

• AVerdantShore
          • Jan 2011

Some recent things, amongst others

DB vest with buckled back strap with front panels made from dyed vintage jacquard tablecloths and back from dyed recycled cottons. Two pockets, handmade and hand-stitched boiled leather buttons.

Short sleeved, stand collar button down shirt with raw hem and cuffed sleeves, handmade and hand-stitched leather buttons. Also done in a black cotton and wool mix, for a customer in North America.

Linen Shooter vest with back strap, cotton lining and two pockets, for a customer in North America. Handmade and hand-stitched leather buttons.

These pants were commissioned by a forum member from North America and were a real treat to make. I learned a significant amount of new things as a result of the commission, for which I'm thankful. Having gotten my start on this forum, it was fun to see it come full-circle, after a year of doing this. They are full lined, with a floating lining and easy access for tailor's alterations, split back yoke with inset pockets, five button fly, utilizing my leather buttons and a metal button the customer sent and are crafted from Japanese cotton that has been coated with astringent Japanese persimmon, resulting in a most interesting waterproofed fabric. Thank you!

A RED AUGUST: HANDMADE IN THE PINES OF THE NORTHEAST

Comment

• AVerdantShore
            • Jan 2011

A few new things...

Thanks to everyone on the forum and elsewhere for their continued support.

(Since uploading to a hosting service, all of the images seem to have undergone some wacky changes in hue and saturation, for which I apologize)
            Last edited by AVerdantShore; 10-19-2016, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• AVerdantShore
              • Jan 2011

--and last, but not least, some new womenswear items.

Comment

• AVerdantShore
                • Jan 2011

Rust dyed antique linen, rust dyed old sample and still wet recylced vintage cotton to be dyed with rust. These colours do run. I sat in my studio tonight, with reddish rust stains on my hands and now I feel as if I were watching them bleed.

Thank you to the American forum members here who did their duty as citizens and cast their vote, but I have to question where the world is turning.

It is with quite a heavy heart, fear and trepidation that I'm staring at the computer screen, tonight--watching as Trump seems to gain ground on Clinton and wondering how this could possibly have come to pass. As an American, have we really gone so far as to even allow such a bigoted, misogynistic, hateful person to step into the office? I had begun these feeling hopeful, possibly light and now find that there is something more somber in them.

I apologize for my rant--I'm just quite saddened by this turn of events.

Comment

• nomemorial
                  • Jan 2013

Came across your work on my Instagram discover feed a few weeks ago and just found this thread here. Really fantastic stuff and more inspiring reading about your experiences. Keep up the great work -- I envy your talents.

Comment

• clay
                    • Sep 2006

Really sorry for such a late response. I rarely get back to this section. Sorry to hear about your mother! I understand and life is life. I am as you know following you on IG and I'm blown away by the work and the output! Great to see you on the road and developing rapidly!

Comment

• AVerdantShore
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by clay View Post
                      Really sorry for such a late response. I rarely get back to this section. Sorry to hear about your mother! I understand and life is life. I am as you know following you on IG and I'm blown away by the work and the output! Great to see you on the road and developing rapidly!
                      Thank you!--I do see your posts online, from time to time, although the feed seems so unmanageable since they've altered the way they display the timeline. My tenant, not fashion savvy, mentioned your (former?) employer the other week and I had to smile.

Comment

• AVerdantShore
                        • Jan 2011

FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS THROUGH THE REMAINDER OF AUGUST AND UNTIL THE END OF SEPTEMEBER.
                        CODE: CARMINE

Thank you!

A RED AUGUST: HANDMADE IN THE PINES OF THE NORTHEAST

Comment

• AVerdantShore
                          • Jan 2011

As a one off for a jeweler friend, this was a sort of fun study in duality and both items can be hooked into straps and layered together, or worn independently. The softer, strapped vest features an asymmetric interior panel that is laid over and has a stencil-printed lining. The flak vest has multiple pockets and adjustable straps and includes hand-wrought and soldered copper hardware, something I hope to explore more of and increase my proficiency in.

As this month draws to a close, I will be releasing a small collaborative capsule collection I've made for another designer in Los Angeles, done in a variety of my fabrics. Featured will be a heavily textured, hand-dyed and washed silk unlined two-piece suit and somewhat reversible sling tote, done in a textured, dyed cotton, with a floral print on the interior face. Also included will be a few woven shirts. It's been an interesting departure from the normal vein of work I do and something I'm rather excited to put out.
                          Last edited by AVerdantShore; 08-19-2017, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎