X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HWith
    • May 2007

Having t-shirts tailored - need the right fabric

I've been looking through the fabric threads in this subforum and I have an information overload. There are apparently a lot of great websites where I can order samples, but having no experience it's hard to know where to even begin.

I have a great tailor and we've made a really nice fitting t-shirt. I want a lot of them made, I just need the right fabric. He mostly does suits, so he's not able to help me too well with tshirt fabric. I'm looking for some quite heavy cotton, non-sheer. These are going to be basic, everyday t-shirts, but I don't want the fabric to be subpar considering the price of having them done.

I don't know if any of you remember the old Undercover t-shirts. The ones with the blob and "We make noise not clothes" patches. The fabric was awesome. Thick, smooth and incredibly soft cotton. That's kinda what I'm looking for - in black. I'm in Copenhagen so I need an online source. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!
  • ClockworkRabbit
    • May 2015

You're probably looking for some type of cotton jersey, maybe a knit jersey like Julius uses for their longsleeves.

Comment

• HWith
      • May 2007

Sounds about right. Can you recommend any? I didn't think sourcing fabric would be so difficult...

Originally posted by ClockworkRabbit View Post
      You're probably looking for some type of cotton jersey, maybe a knit jersey like Julius uses for their longsleeves.

Comment

• ClockworkRabbit
        • May 2015

Never worked with these fabrics before so I'm just guessing here, but I did find a couple things you might want to get some swatches of.
        A heavier knit for winter tees:

A lighter viscose cotton for drapey summer tees:

You could also just go with a standard cotton jersey until you know what you're looking for specifically. I would just shop around on some fabric sites until you find something that looks promising. Good luck :)

Comment

• HWith
          • May 2007

Thank you, that was a great help! :-)

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡