• Aug 2010

ahahahahahaahahaha perfect

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Pumpfish View Post
      Fucking Boris rip-off. Who is this guy?
      Can you honestly stop with these gratuitous bullshit remarks? I saw both Rick and Boris today and they are now miles apart. This isn't 2010.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
        Vegan Police
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
        shiiiet... is this shirt SNAKESKIN?
        Looks like python, yeah. Python are farmed so maybe someone is tanning the shed skin to get sheer python? Don't even know if that is possible.

Would need to get a closer look. Python is notoriously full of inconsistencies, so if it's too uniform it's fake.

Edit:
        On inspection, I don't see any of the raised edges of the scale, so it's most likely somehow pressed into the fabric to create the shape.
        Last edited by Ahimsa; 06-25-2015, 12:11 PM.
        StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
          Looks like python, yeah. Python are farmed so maybe someone is tanning the shed skin to get sheer python? Don't even know if that is possible.

Would need to get a closer look. Python is notoriously full of inconsistencies, so if it's too uniform it's fake.

Edit:
          On inspection, I don't see any of the raised edges of the scale, so it's most likely somehow pressed into the fabric to create the shape.
          that fabric looks to me like some kind of cotton plisse, but who knows...
          I highly doubt one could get python to be as uniform and drape the way this short does.....
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• george5
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by zamb View Post
            that fabric looks to me like some kind of cotton plisse, but who knows...
            I highly doubt one could get python to be as uniform and drape the way this short does.....
            Maybe it's not the same drape and animal, but both Lemaire and Nichanian used a kind of "Croc sheer" at Hermès...

Comment

• Ahimsa
              Vegan Police
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by george5 View Post
              Maybe it's not the same drape and animal, but both Lemaire and Nichanian used a kind of "Croc sheer" at Hermès...
              [/URL]
              There is a super soft python called "cashmere python", but I'm quite positive the shirt in question isn't python leather.

Zam's explanation is far more logical than my idea of someone tanning shed snakeskin XD
              StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• george5
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                There is a super soft python called "cashmere python", but I'm quite positive the shirt in question isn't python leather.

Zam's explanation is far more logical than my idea of someone tanning shed snakeskin XD
                oh totally, I think it's an embossed/textured fabric too.

Comment

• aussy
                  • Jul 2011

Those double shirts are fantastic, especially the shorter version since I find a neck hem at knee length a bit distracting. The palette of the fabric blocked pieces is a lot more pleasing than those from Faun. Also, how military.

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

i REALLY doubt rick would do faux snakeskin shirts. he's not roberto cavalli. so i'm just gonna assume this is snake until proven wrong. also, the way it crinkles makes it look more like snake than fabric... but we shall see!

Comment

• R C W M
                      • Oct 2013

During the live stream, the shirt was one of the items that stood out to me, it looked pretty fluid in a way that leather including python typically isn't.

As someone who is usually blase about Rick collections (these past couple of years anyway), this exceeded my expectations and then some. The cut on some of those long shorts in combination with the combats... the tunics weren't as tiring this time round.. the limited silhouette variety was refreshing as well and gave it more focus.

Those adidas are absurd though. Surely the further down this path of wacky shoes he gets, the less they will sell... Surely?

Comment

• stemcell
                        • Jul 2011

I read somewhere that the leather was translucent, and he said he wished had had invented it (I am sure that was a nod to boris) but there are definitely translucent leathers in the show, and it looks like that python has been treated to be translucent, it also looks sort of like watersnake... so it may be that (although it does look like python, I can't tell), which may be thinner than most python to begin with. He has used watersnake before, I am almost positive in jackets around the time of naska and a lot of retailers falsely label it just as python.

Comment

• LOVE
                          • Dec 2007

you can see panels down the sleeves, the separations of the individual hides. possibly laminated so it can hold its shape while being so thin?

more and more the silhouettes look like battleships, or aircraft with all kinds of sculptural fins and whatnot, so good.

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

As interesting as this python discussion is... there's this:

from dazed:
                            Well, that’s gotta be a first. While fashion shows are no stranger to runway protests (in fact, you can head here for our top five fashion week disruptors) a model named Jera at today’s Rick Owens SS16 menswear show brought out a banner mid-walk, with the words “PLEASE KILL ANGELA MERKEL” (German Chancellor) scrawled across it. It also seemingly said “NOT” underneath, but that part got obscured to most by the way it was held.

Backstage, the designer spoke out on the statement: “I think it says Kill Angela Merkel or something? Is that what it said? I don’t know because it was not my idea. He pulled it out and I punched him when he came off stage. He’s been my male muse for the past twelve years or something and I think he just felt comfortable enough to do something in a show and I’m furious.”

Owens, who last season sent models down the runway with their penises exposed, revealed that the statement felt pretty ironic in light of the collection’s theme – protesting male aggression. “It’s about the idea of male aggression – whenever I think about men’s collections I always think about the idea of aggression because it’s just part of a man’s DNA and it’s something that I struggle with and I think other men do too,” he explained. “Like, when does ambition and efficiency spill over into aggression? And this model just gave into his aggression, and his balance was off. He became imbalanced. His aggression took over.”

Owens was clear on one thing though – this was not his idea. “Please, it was not planned...I don’t know what I have to do to tell everybody that.” An official statement from the house said: “Rick Owens does not claim responsibility for the act of protest by a model at the Spring Summer 2016 show. This was an independent statement and does not reflect the opinion of the house of Rick Owens.”
                            music

Comment

• aussy
                              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by stemcell View Post
                              I read somewhere that the leather was translucent, and he said he wished had had invented it (I am sure that was a nod to boris)
                              FYI, Boris did not invent translucent leather if that is what you were implying.

Comment

• stemcell
                                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by aussy View Post
                                FYI, Boris did not invent translucent leather if that is what you were implying.
                                Are you implying you know who invented it, please share.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎