Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • upsilonkng
    • May 2010

i totally agree, i though fw15 was the best and this looks like that except not as good and blue, i hate blue. but the shoes are creepers which doesn't work for me and he's really wearing out that slight asymmetric zipper into a soft collar thing, plus more and more his shorts? just really don't even fit the runway models at all.

Comment

• mikko
      • Apr 2013

^

Have to agree. Seems the most experimentation to be seen is in the retail pricing structures (e.g. the statement on DL BBS page) and active efforts to take the brand into the CCP/PH realm; that is restrictions to online sales (as you've maybe noticed) and overall facetious preference of B&M.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

What you guys don't see, and it's a styling fault, are the many beautiful outerwear pieces, because they were reversed for the show.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
          How cobalt blue is that first leather jacket?
          The blues range from extremely in-your-face bright to a bit more muted. One of the main colors (which is used in all the basics) was a really elegant navy blue, I don't think it was used on leathers though.

The collection was fantastic imo. Loved the extendable hems/flaps on some of the jackets and also on cardigans and vests. For example this bomber style leather has that, its a cotton "skirt" that zips up inside and is literally unoticeable when not worn down. This jacket in black was one of my favorite pieces.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mizzar
            • Mar 2008

Summer outwear.
            Not for my weather.

2Faust So you are angry about PH prices hike,
            but if BBS do the same its ok?
            No puns, really interested why.
            ____
            sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mizzar View Post
              Summer outwear.
              Not for my weather.

2Faust So you are angry about PH prices hike,
              but if BBS do the same its ok?
              No puns, really interested why.
              Prices were identical at the showroom to last few seasons. BBS blazer retail 1350 Eur, PH 2150 EUR.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• scanner
                • Mar 2015

BBS Pricing has even gone down in the last 2 seasons. The pricing is not much different from Rick and even much less expensive than Saint Laurent or any of the other big brands. There's arguably more value for your dollar earned on these clothes and I don't think there's anything wrong with setting the prices to a fixed amount. It strengthens the brand and allows the customer to get something they really want if they want it instead of searching all over the net for the lowest possible price.

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by scanner View Post
                  BBS Pricing has even gone down in the last 2 seasons. The pricing is not much different from Rick and even much less expensive than Saint Laurent or any of the other big brands. There's arguably more value for your dollar earned on these clothes and I don't think there's anything wrong with setting the prices to a fixed amount. It strengthens the brand and allows the customer to get something they really want if they want it instead of searching all over the net for the lowest possible price.
                  apart from the fact that it is illegal in a lot of countries. it's an anti-competitive tactic that is frequently not allowed since consumer's are deemed best served by open competition in the market where the most 'healthy' businesses survive and prices on goods are 'reasonable'.

Comment

• mikko
                    • Apr 2013

BBS Pricing has even gone down in the last 2 seasons.
                    Not according to the salesbooks...

Comment

• scanner
                      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                      apart from the fact that it is illegal in a lot of countries. it's an anti-competitive tactic that is frequently not allowed since consumer's are deemed best served by open competition in the market where the most 'healthy' businesses survive and prices on goods are 'reasonable'.
                      I wouldn't agree with this practice if this were something widely available but when there are only 3 people in the US carrying the brand, with a very limited amount of stock in hand, I don't have a problem with it. I mean if it were Rick I would be much more offended, but BBS borders on Artisanal to a certain degree.

Originally posted by mikko
                      They have not, I have the salesbooks - do you?
                      I don't have the sales books, and obviously as a retailer you would know better, but I have my own personal experience from buying season after season for many years. Maybe the prices have not gone down and because of the set pricing BBS is enforcing the retailers have had to lower the amount. All I know is I used to spend around $1050 for a hoodie and now they're about $950. Tees that were around $400 - 450 are now $350. Again, My own personal experience.

Comment

• unwashed
                        • Dec 2008

Very beautiful use of the blue colors, this I like a lot. Not quite fond of BBS in general and the first look, but the more I check out the picture the more I start to like it. I really dig the high sneakers, though. More than last couple seasons' sneakers. So I might check them out when they hit the stores. Also liked the hooded grey parka.
                        Grailed link

Comment

• Bleu1950
                          • Jan 2013

interesting..wouldn't expect him to wear Nike. he used to wear his own sneakers last year..

They look like regular air max's that might have been waxed and distressed or maybe he used a similar process as his derbies.. they look pretty awesome. You can see the nike logo on one of them.
                          Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                          Usually when I see him he is wearing black on black airmaxes, could be customized but nothing crazy.

Comment

• Arkady
                            • Apr 2011

Finding this very weak compared to the last collection, nothing much towards stylistic advancement and not a great rendition of his baseline either.

Comment

• Mistifique
                              • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                              Finding this very weak compared to the last collection, nothing much towards stylistic advancement and not a great rendition of his baseline either.
                              Totally agree. Nothing to see except a gray windbreaker / parka.
                              So Pure... So Cold
                              Transilvanian Hunger

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                                You'll be proven wrong once it hits the stores - I guarantee this.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎