Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • C.R.E.A.M
    • Feb 2015

Reacting a bit late to this post but i have to agree with all the negative comments posted before mine.
    One of the least interesting collection he ever produced to me. SS15 & FW15 were so strong though. But this one...

Worst items are the shoes. They're all so massive, soles are shitty and the leather production turned really bad in my opinion. Really don't like the treatment. Same thing for every leather pieces. Everything that turned awesome with AW15's red leather turned bad with the blue of SUBSPHERE. Touching the jackets in the showroom was not a nice experience. Felt more like boiled tires than leather to me.

Maybe all the treatments will turn out good during the production and we'll get some better garments when it will hit the stores.

There were a few beautiful pieces though, handmade knits were pretty impressive. Except for one, the pieces i've ordered from SUBSPHERE havent been presented during the show

Comment

• 13we2
      • Sep 2015

But you should see a clear trail of the development of his aesthetics, right? It's just that he might be developing towards a direction you don't appreciate. Looks alright to me, or I'm catching up well with his developments. The only shortcoming might be that he just used same pieces too many times on one show, the shorts, leathers, blazers, kind of repetitive.

Not sure if the shoes will sell.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

We must've gone to different showrooms, because I liked A LOT from this collection.

One thing I wish BBS would work on is the blazers. They are outstandingly cut but the excessive padding is a total buzzkill.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkbydesign
          • Sep 2010

^^I also really liked a lot from this collection.

On the blazers, it's 50/50 for me. I have at least 3 blazers with no padding and a PERFECT fit and then I have a couple or more with those annoying shoulder pads that when you see the true fit in the wrong lighting you can see the pads on the contour, which annoys me endlessly. Basically, if the fit is going to be on point, why put the pads in there? The jackets from A/W 2015 look really great though. Anyone own one yet? I'm hoping that he corrected this issue....

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Well, I tried a blazer from S/S 16 in the showroom and the padding was a total overkill.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• C.R.E.A.M
              • Feb 2015

Mmmh yeah clearly the J3 from AW11 was better.
              On a previous comment i said i didn't like the collection at all, i guess i'm trying hard to find something to cheer me up about it! Ha.
              But i'm sure he'll deliver strong for FW16.

Only 20 days to go.

Comment

• C.R.E.A.M
                • Feb 2015

Oh we can't talk about the "Mordor"?

Comment

• GucciAmen
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by C.R.E.A.M View Post
                  Mmmh yeah clearly the J3 from AW11 was better.
                  On a previous comment i said i didn't like the collection at all, i guess i'm trying hard to find something to cheer me up about it! Ha.
                  But i'm sure he'll deliver strong for FW16.

Only 20 days to go.
                  I am equally excited for FW16, cannot believe how quickly these seasons come upon us! Also very interested in seeing what the shops buy from the showroom for SS16, as often the runway isn't a good indicator for what is actually in store for us...

Particularly I'm hoping a shop picks up that long knitted sweater in look 17, don't know if I can swing the blue colour though..

Oh, and sorry Faust.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by C.R.E.A.M View Post
                    Oh we can't talk about the "Mordor"?
                    Sorry. I hate to sensor any member on this, but it's a long story.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• C.R.E.A.M
                      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by GucciAmen View Post
                      Particularly I'm hoping a shop picks up that long knitted sweater in look 17, don't know if I can swing the blue colour though..
                      Mmmh that was my fav piece to be honest. Its all hand made and will be around 2800€ retail. So quite expensive and i think it scared buyers a bit so we'll see. If you can't deal with the blue, you can pick the "beige" one.

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                        • Dec 2012

SS16 sneakers are available at Daad-Dantone... and I don't know what to think about those super thick shark-tooth soles he's using now... always been a fan of the bamba silhouette but this is a bit different.... any opinons?

Comment

• GucciAmen
                          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
                          SS16 sneakers are available at Daad-Dantone... and I don't know what to think about those super thick shark-tooth soles he's using now... always been a fan of the bamba silhouette but this is a bit different.... any opinons?

http://www.daad-dantone.com/online-s...beri-M-1-12-61
                          I like them, but you'd have to layer heavily on top to balance it out, which might make them more suitable for fall/early spring than in the warmer months... The bamba lows currently on vertice are even nicer imo, lots of nice details, don't know if I could do bright colours like that though.

Does anyone have an idea as to when ss16 is hitting bbsny's online shop? I know it's been in their boutique for over a week now.

Comment

• skavant
                            • Sep 2014

The good thing is these new chunky soles will last forever, unlike the normal Bamba's soles.

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by skavant View Post
                              The good thing is these new chunky soles will last forever, unlike the normal Bamba's soles.
                              yeah I thought that too

but I'm still a bit skeptical about that sole.... I mean it's like we went from one extreme to the other.... maybe there could be a more balanced middle spot .... I don't get this sole very well, I don't see in BBS this kind of exaggeration usually, generally there are strong statements in his clothes / footwear but it tends to be more on the subtle side...

maybe these sneaks are the perfect match for Rick's rave pants

Comment

• Arkady
                                • Apr 2011

That type of sole looks waaaay more exaggerated in photos than it looks in person.

I'm wearing these at the moment with the massive vibram sole and the effect is subtle, bit added height but I wear them to the office all the time.

The saw tooth doesn't register as much when standing or walking, either.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎