X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aussy
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Law View Post
    YSL was genuinely innovating, pioneering and rebelling against the standard conventions and status quo of the time, where as current Hedi is the current status quo
    ^ A great summary of what we've all been struggling with

SL is fashion much like Dominos is pizza

Comment

• BSR
      • Aug 2008

as current Hedi is the current status quo,
      not in the fashion world, and not here...
      and as i said a few posts above, to expect from a big fashion "House" to innovate in 2015 is like expecting from a Hollywood blockbuster to tell a story.
      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
        not in the fashion world, and not here...
        and as i said a few posts above, to expect from a big fashion "House" to innovate in 2015 is like expecting from a Hollywood blockbuster to tell a story.
        He absolutely is. Fashion magazines are filled with SL.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BSR
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          He absolutely is. Fashion magazines are filled with SL.
          the paper you quoted in the independent proves the opposite. and to be honest, saying that SLP is nothing else than rebranded (and overpriced) topshop has become quite commonplace in the fashion milieu, at least in Paris. I've heard it maybe 50 times!
          pix

Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

well the man got out of fashion.......and they brought him back
            so he is just doing from the Sunny to the Money.......
            cant fault him for that
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• En.
              • May 2015

the paper you quoted in the independent proves the opposite. and to be honest, saying that SLP is nothing else than rebranded (and overpriced) topshop has become quite commonplace in the fashion milieu, at least in Paris. I've heard it maybe 50 times!
              One article doesn't undermine all the articles praising him and what you've heard doesn't change how prominent SL is in the industry.
              At no point in the article did it actually make any mention of you know....the clothes themselves
              Don't forget that Lagerfeld is a big fan. Hedi gets a pass just for being Hedi.

Comment

• BSR
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by En. View Post
                One article doesn't undermine all the articles praising him and what you've heard doesn't change how prominent SL is in the industry.
                "prominent", fine. I just said there was no "statu quo", which is obvious even from this very topic on this very forum. moreover, the drop of "yves" from the name, the first collection slimane designed for women, triggered controversies from 2012/2013 on. Controversies where? in fashion. because, apart from fashion people, who cares about slimane? who even knows who he is? seriously... it's not like we are talking about george lucas.
                pix

Comment

• En.
                  • May 2015

moreover, the drop of "yves" from the name, the first collection slimane designed for women, triggered controversies from 2012/2013 on. Controversies where? in fashion. because, apart from fashion people, who cares about slimane? who even knows who he is? seriously... it's not like we are talking about george lucas.
                  You can ask the same rhetorical questions about Lucas. Besides, you're drifting from the original discussion. It doesn't matter that Hedi doesn't have a large role in anything other than fashion based on people who don't care about fashion, he receives heaps of praise for the brand alone.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Can we just agree to disagree?
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎