• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

I don't own any...

I was thinking about designers whose work is championed on SZ but never made it into my closet for whatever reason (fit, cost, aesthetic. etc.). Post yours (and maybe reasons why?)

I don't own any...

Carol Christian Poell
    A1923
    Alexandre Plokhov
    Haider Ackermann
    Deepti
    Obscur
    TheSoloist
    Thom Browne
    Elena Dawson
    Layer-0
    Yang Li
    Thamanyah
    InAisce
    Ziggy Chen

Runner-ups:
    Raf Simons - nothing after 2002
    Julius - one bag, soon to be sold, one leather jacket that I never wear
    Dries Van Noten - recently bought a pair of pants
    Yohji Yamamoto - one blazer left in case I get fat again and one top
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Ulf
    • Apr 2014

I practically always wear Yohji Yamamoto with a Comme des Garçons shirt and Hermès bag/scarf. I'm not a good fit for SZ, I suppose.

Comment

• Arkady
      • Apr 2011

Hmm, own few of those as well. One Carol and Thamanyah piece respectively that were indulgent more than anything. Plokhov nothing, though I have some good Cloak.

No Haider/Soloist/Undercover/Thom Browne as it's not in keeping with my aesthetics, though Thom Browne tailoring does suit me very well.

Surprisingly little Rick, nothing past '13 for overall quality/price ratio issues I keep running into. Really just a hoodie and a pair of black Ramones boots with the D-ring.

No Boris due to price and nothing screaming at me yet. No A1923 or Guidi either for similar reasons though this needs to be rectified soon.

No Julius! Not sure how that happened, have been much less cybergoth / pissed the past few years so it's not clicking.

Of designers I've only recently become aware of I'll have to invest in some Leon Emanuel Blanck and KHOURIANBEER soon. Lumen et Umbra is also becoming a new favorite.

Overall I've gotten much less "futurist mode" in my dress than I had once anticipated so my buying has shifted significantly. Really just in Zam and Sruli most of the time.

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
        • May 2014

i don't own any rick owens

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Ulf View Post
          I practically always wear Yohji Yamamoto with a Comme des Garçons shirt and Hermès bag/scarf. I'm not a good fit for SZ, I suppose.

You are a perfect fit for SZ, and I wish people like you would contribute more so we can have more diversity.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• aussy
            • Jul 2011

A select few examples of work I love that I (currently) own none of

Yohji - possibly my favorite designer but it doesn't fit my lifestyle, the idea of carrying amps or simply existing in a Philly basement in a Yohji jacket makes me uncomfortable for the sake of that garment

Rick - there are few pieces that I identify with, and at this point picking up some pod shorts or geo baskets would feel like I'm buying into something bigger that I don't want to be a part of

CCP and Boris (to a lesser extent) - price

Soloist and NN - I'm sure this will be on a ton of lists for the same reason, fantastic vision but not my style

Inaisce - same as above

Comment

• gregor
              • Oct 2014

boris - cut of his garments, which i think can be greatly improved. owned some 11 accessories, but not anymore.

inaisce - simply haven't come across the stuff i like in my size

lumen et umbra - only really starting to appreciate it, actually ordered a pair of trousers recently

individual sentiments - same as above

a1923 - price

deepti and elena dawson - the rare stuff that pops up in my size online is not what i want

layer-0 - price, as well

m_moriabc - if price is an issue with layer-0 stuff, then this is a whole other level

haider/thom/plokhov/thamanyah/yang li/etc - never liked them enough to purchase a piece, or they don't suit my style

there will always be brands i don't and haven't bought from, but i'm always looking for new lines to try.

Comment

• HugAndWug
                • Aug 2014

Right now I think my current list is

Rick - I just can't support the brand going to Moldova

Boris - Just haven't really seen anything that fits into my wardrobe

Soloist/NN - Sold off my pieces but I may pick up something again

Ziggy Chen - Everything I've seen has been a little too expensive

A1923 - Derbies haven't gone cheap enough for me

Alexandre Plokhov - Sold off what I had and haven't seen anything too interesting lately

Layer-0 - Can't find what I want at the price I want

Thamanyah - Constantly on the fence but something that might enter my wardrobe soon

Elena Dawson - Hard to find the pieces I like second hand

Comment

• DudleyGray
                  • Jul 2013

I only own pieces from a few labels, but the big one for me is the Continues line and its spinoffs. I'm curious about experiencing artisinal quality, and I really like the idea of dressing in a way that is in some way counterculture but not tied to music scenes/pop culture. It looks like I would feel very mature and luxurious without feeling like a sellout. Unfortunately, I'm too committed to my current labels to be able to manage a completely different aesthetic.

I'd also really like to try Forme, the looks are brilliant and I like the idea of supporting a Korean designer who does something less "Westernized" or streetwearish than Juun J. or Wooyoungmi. But kind of the same deal as with Continues for me.

I tried Yohji and was sad to find out that his "classic" silhouette doesn't work so well on my frame. My shoulders are too wide for it.

Originally posted by aussy View Post
                  Rick - there are few pieces that I identify with, and at this point picking up some pod shorts or geo baskets would feel like I'm buying into something bigger that I don't want to be a part of
                  Soloist and NN - I'm sure this will be on a ton of lists for the same reason, fantastic vision but not my style
                  Smart man, the buy-in and its consequences are real. Because technically, I should have more Helmut/Ann/Raf/Margiela, but fucking Rick.

As for Miyashita, I'm kind of glad this is the case. Low demand on the used market is much easier on my wallet.
                  bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• mikko
                    • Apr 2013

Julius – has never really managed to give me a fashion boner.

Comment

• Law
                      • Dec 2013

Too many brands to name at this point in time which I don't own. One brand which I will never own though, due to the fact that I've never bought into the hype, style or vast over-pricing is Paul Harnden.

Comment

• Ulf
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        You are a perfect fit for SZ, and I wish people like you would contribute more so we can have more diversity.
                        Thanks, maybe I (and others) will.

Comment

• bukka
                          • Sep 2011

I don't own any GBS, nor I could ever handle a piece from him
                          Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• yffet
                            • Aug 2009

PH cuz i dont get it + $$$ seriously

Yohji fits awfull on me

Rick Owens. I had 1 stooges i sold. I have 1 pair of dunk i keep. Not gonna buying anymore until the Moldavia thing is fixed.

LUC : Dont get it + $$

inaisce : never had the ball to try something. I prefer devoa or IS.
                            Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

Comment

• MJRH
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Law View Post
                              Too many brands to name at this point in time which I don't own. One brand which I will never own though, due to the fact that I've never bought into the hype, style or vast over-pricing is Paul Harnden.

On a more upbeat note, just checked off one of my favourites, Branquinho. Found a gorgeous blazer, size 46, after it languished for six months in a local thrift shop—marked down to $40! I kept expecting to wake up after I snagged it. Good thing Vancouver's not too fashion-conscious.

bukka, what do you mean you couldn't "handle" a piece from GBS? I only have one thing of his, but even a chimp would look good in it. You should dip your toe in.
                              ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎