• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • david s
    • Jul 2010

Fashion Week, Reinvented

article from NYT's here

on the opposite end of the spectrum to Faust's, When Fashion Shows Were Fun, this article on IMG's "reinvention" of fashion week, it might be my old fart tendencies but I don't see how this will anything but foster more homogeneity in the fashion world & make it ever even more about the bottom line

maybe in a couple year's time it will like a fashion version of MadMax
    It's absolutely Hedious!
    shy poser
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

there are days when i feel like I should become an anarchist.......
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Well, that was long. Seems like the thing will become more mass-friendly, another spectacle to give the illusion of inclusion to the rubes whose idea of fashion is a Michael Kors bag.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Well, that was long. Seems like the thing will become more mass-friendly, another spectacle to give the illusion of inclusion to the rubes whose idea of fashion is a Michael Kors bag.
        a friend of mine in JA asked me to get him a Michael Kors watch.........I am considering him..not the watch, but whether I want to keep him as a friend

Comment

• david s
          • Jul 2010

yes, the article could have used some serious editing

I really didn't care what new outfit the ex-ESPN guy was wearing, as if his choice of tie dictates the ultimate quality of the upcoming shows.

admit I only made it through a third of the article

to be honest I think this "content" will be stuff that will end up as filler on long-haul international flights and the random satellite channel if you happen to be stuck in your hotel room on a business trip

oh wait that already exists.... nothing new here
          It's absolutely Hedious!
          shy poser

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

the only hope we have now is that this thing gets too big that it collapses unto itself............

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by david s View Post
              yes, the article could have used some serious editing

I really didn't care what new outfit the ex-ESPN guy was wearing, as if his choice of tie dictates the ultimate quality of the upcoming shows.

admit I only made it through a third of the article

to be honest I think this "content" will be stuff that will end up as filler on long-haul international flights and the random satellite channel if you happen to be stuck in your hotel room on a business trip

oh wait that already exists.... nothing new here
              Fashion today has serious entertainment potential. That's what they are banking on.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Fashion today has serious entertainment potential. That's what they are banking on.
                Yea, Project runway on a grander scale.....and of course, the designers career end before it starts but the show producers etc make tons of money

Comment

• SafetyKat
                  • Aug 2014

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/...tino_show.html

Brilliant PR move. Millions will hear about Zoolander 2 while Valentinio will benefit from all of the runoff publicity. Still, a fashion show announcement for a fashion comedy about fashion show models by inserting celebrities into a real fashion show... wait... who's show was it again?

Comment

• Arkady
                    • Apr 2011

Yeah but at least that's appropriately meta-hilarious, losing the ability to laugh at oneself usually coincides with loss of critical perspective.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

After thinking more about the article above, I predict a major show at Madison Square Garden, with a warm-up act, a concert, and so on, with tickets sold to the public for $100 a pop in a not too far-off future. Why not?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stagename
                        • Oct 2011

After thinking more about the article above, I predict a major show at Madison Square Garden, with a warm-up act, a concert, and so on, with tickets sold to the public for $100 a pop in a not too far-off future. Why not?

Comment

• SafetyKat
                          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                          Yeah but at least that's appropriately meta-hilarious, losing the ability to laugh at oneself usually coincides with loss of critical perspective.
                          That post probably came off as a little harsh. I enjoyed the gig, even made me go to netflix and watch the first movie again. My point was more so this; after I read up on the making of Zoolander 2 and watched the first one, I had to think hard for a moment t remember what I was doing and whose show it actually was before I got sucked into a giant internet tangent.

Comment

• SafetyKat
                            • Aug 2014

Check annnd check

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Haha, was taking about this the other day.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎