X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gregor
    • Oct 2014

the seattle thread

since i know of quite a few members on here from the area, and since the conversation strayed in the random fashion thoughts thread, i figured it'd be prudent to make a thread for it.

any other members from or living in the area? and if so, is there a single lankan restaurant in the area? puzzled that none seem to exist.
  • gregor
    • Oct 2014

also, dji, if you were looking for korean, look no further than oma bap, it's a bit of a drive in cap hill (used to be right in bellevue), but it's superb food. south gate korean is also really good, obviously, in south gate

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

thanks for starting the thread gregor and for the Korean food recommendations! I guess I was lucky in the DC area that there's a huge Korean population so there were plenty of K-BBQ options.

a colleague recommended Toulouse Petit and Portage Bay for brunch, both of which were solid. was fairly unimpressed by the fusion food at Revel and Marination Ma Kai (nice spot though!).

lots of variety in Vietnamese food here, reasonable quality from what I've tried. good, slightly more upscale Viet food at Tamarind Tree. the baby clam dip was good but demands a few people to share it with and the bĂșn was excellent.

tried Pho Bac and Pho All Day, still trying to find my favourite pho in this city (better than the DC area pho thus far, their broths are too herbal and not beefy enough). oh, and the Vietnamese BBQ that is at the street fair in Chinatown every time is among the best things I've eaten in a while.

ramen-wise so far Kukai is the best I've tried in the area, Jinya wasn't bad as well and Santouka was passable (been 5 minutes walk away with generous happy hour specials doesn't hurt either).

Comment

• hamham3002
        • Sep 2008

oh nahhh..... I can't get down with Oma Bap (the one in Bellevue, which now is that curry place, forgot the name).. My fav is Stones Korean Restaurant in Redmond for korean.. Used to eat a lot at Seoul Hot Pot, but that place became mediocre after owner changed...
        Good amount of korean food both North and South (Federal Way & Lynnwood area)

But for me, growing up in Toronto which also has a pretty big Korean population, Korean food in Seattle is just alright..

if you want ramen, go drive up to Vancouver BC, they have much better and more legit ramen since the Japanese population up there is much more than Seattle... One that comes to mind is Kintaro

a lot of good food in Fremont/Ballard area..
        To name a few: The Whale Fin, Staple and Fancy, Stoneburner, Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery (for stupidly expensive chocolate desserts, but good)

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

Coco Ramen & Curry Bar?

funnily enough the best ramen I've ever had is in DC (otherwise mostly a food and cultural wasteland) at Toki Underground, non-traditional but fantastic. plan to make the hike up to Vancouver one of these weekends so Kintaro will definitely be on the list.

tried Tipsy Cow in Redmond tonight, passable burgers but excellent beer list.

Comment

• Glennphilips
            Banned
            • Dec 2022

The article's breakdown of different welding processes and their corresponding machine requirements is informative. It's essential to choose a machine that aligns with the techniques you intend to use. check out the post right here

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎