• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Dries Van Noten - Spring/Summer 2016 - Paris

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Mixed feelings about this. The first part is a total mess, the second part somewhat redeems it. I think between the Marilyn Monroe debacle and this print/color overload, Dries has been spending too much time watching 30s and 50s films...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mattiassa
              • Dec 2014

I really liked this. It felt fresh, in a Dries way, in it's simplistic take on prints and embroidery. The bras on top where fabulous.

Comment

• ronin
                Banned
                • Dec 2009

His last men's collection had me wonder whether he was intentionally trying to bring his brand down. With this one, I think he might just succeed. Well, there are a few pleasant things, but as a whole I think it's just too loud, too bright, too big. Clashing colours and pattern/embroidery overload are not so much the issue as the lack of his legendary refinement, which could turn any bold trial into a thing of pure beauty. Is something going on at Dries's, organizationally speaking, that might explain this late shift?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I'm sure there is no crisis or anything like that. You can't expect a designer to consistently hit it out of the park.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ronin
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2009

Yes, you're right. We've been lucky to witness such consistency in the quality of his past collections. Now, to (eagerly) wait for the next one!

Comment

• Mattiassa
                      • Dec 2014

Just stumbled over this picture (from Another magazines' article about Vivienne Westwood's 1981 Mud collection) and got to think about this Dries collection (minus the Buffalo hat). But the rest, the bra, the top, the wide skirt, embroidery etc. bares a clear resemblance.

There was a similar article about the 1991 Margiela collection at BoF just recently.

Yvonne Gold, the make-up artist behind Vivienne Westwood's early collections, remembers the iconic A/W83 show

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎