X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Except that Rick was accused of misogyny in 2012. So maybe not so sweet.

At Paris’s Fall 2012 Fashion Week, some designers offer little in the way of respect for their female customers.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DudleyGray
      • Jul 2013

Oh jeez, no. "Ima Read" is so strongly vogueing culture, perfectly consistent with Rick and not misogyny without a very warped, contrived lens. Still, while I certainly wouldn't call Rick a misogynist, I wouldn't label him a sweetheart either. I think a common thread of his work involves paradox, and to definitively interpret his ideas in one way or another is to do the other side of the coin injustice.
      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• stemcell
        • Jul 2011

Mountain, what a dream.

Comment

• stemcell
          • Jul 2011

Yea I guess sweetheart is a reach.
          I'm just head over heels I guess haha.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
            Oh jeez, no. "Ima Read" is so strongly vogueing culture, perfectly consistent with Rick and not misogyny without a very warped, contrived lens. Still, while I certainly wouldn't call Rick a misogynist, I wouldn't label him a sweetheart either. I think a common thread of his work involves paradox, and to definitively interpret his ideas in one way or another is to do the other side of the coin injustice.
            And only confirms the knee-jerk PC culture we live in.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

Hrmph.
              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

no one understood the song at that time. everyone criticizing it didn't know what it meant. like when they called 4chan a hacker
                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  I did not say this was a rule. I was saying that neither is a rule. Also, I am quite sure Rick works with a fairly specific, Western cultural context and does not give a flying fuck about gender roles in Kenya.
                  Maybe he does not but there is a wide diversity of factors influencing what you are discussing even if you take something like western Europe.

Anyway that is beside the point, there is no hard and fast rule is indeed the situation.
                  Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• MSMMode
                    • Oct 2015

I feel the "wow factor" of RICK continues in this seasons runway, But I say if this continues will people say that RICK is in it for the stock value and not for the clothing?

I live in a house of fashion nut-heads and some of them didn't like what he did with this show. Personal I love it, reusing art is one of the things I love About RICK but is it too far for others?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I think the danger here is that the theatrics can be interpreted as trying to dress up the lack of innovation in the garments themselves.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• C.R.E.A.M
                        • Feb 2015

Nice interview with Rick inside the new issue of DAZED & CONFUSED. You can find the whole thing on the website and a cool vid in bonus here:
                        ‘I’m a concrete cupcake topped with meringue’: speaking from his batcave by the Seine, the designer lifts the lid on his SS16 vision of women supporting women

It was a great show.

(sorry i don't even how to make the video appear in the comments...)

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎