Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheDivinitus
    • Jul 2011

Personally I love it. It's so beautiful...

blog

Comment

• Vanna
      • May 2008

^LOL @ Fuuma

This comment from TFS is spot on: WHO are you wearing???
      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Arkady
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by stagename View Post
        I don't want to dismiss the whole collection because I do think there are some strong looks, and if it wasn't for the "women supporting women" I'd feel more comfortable about it all, but I feel Rick officially crossed over shock-tainment (over fashion, rather than vice versa) and if there's a fashion "show" as Faust predicted a couple of days/weeks ago, Rick will have played his part in this development.
        Getting fucked by a horse was still a little baseline but women carrying each other is pushing it, I agree.

Comment

• Verdandi
          • Mar 2012

If only the clothes were even remotely interesting. Oversized tunics and bomber jackets in various materials parade galore. It feels like he's been doing one gigantic collection for the past few seasons.

At least no ugly sneakers in sight
          lavender menace

Comment

• Defender
            Banned
            • Jan 2015

The clothes are very pretty, and are nice updates on recent collections. The bombers in particular are very nice. Remember, Rick often says that his aesthetic will not move very quickly, for what that's worth to fans and detractors of recent collections.

I wouldn't get too "hung up" on the women supporting women motif...many of the poses are more sapphic bondage than girl power.

The collection is great for those of us who like Rick, probably not great for those who don't, and strapping women together has a different context depending on the position and point of view, which is, hopefully, the point.

Comment

• 13we2
              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
              Getting fucked by a horse was still a little baseline but women carrying each other is pushing it, I agree.
              The Gay Science. I don't know why the title came across my mind.

btw those Double-ones are not professional models, right? They look stronger. What's their real occupation?

Comment

• Nickefuge
                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
                btw those Double-ones are not professional models, right? They look stronger. What's their real occupation?
                They were local gymnasts.
                "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                -Paris Hilton

Comment

• DudleyGray
                  • Jul 2013

I loved this:

"I didn't want to talk about the clothes this time. It seemed trite."

Originally posted by Defender View Post
                  I wouldn't get too "hung up" on the women supporting women motif...many of the poses are more sapphic bondage than girl power.
                  I hope this gets nipped in the bud quickly here, because I see it elsewhere and it's bullshit. No, the context and execution was so not erotic. Sure, you CAN read it like that, you CAN be boring and vulgar, but no.

What about the fact that he has literally objectified women and hung them on women who are being objectified in order to sell objects? Is nobody else impossibly amused by that?
                  Last edited by DudleyGray; 10-01-2015, 05:25 PM.
                  bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Nickefuge
                    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                    Sure, you CAN read it like that, you CAN be boring and vulgar, but no.
                    If he wanted it to be sexual, he sure would´ve known how to evoke that impression.

I really liked voltbird´s interpretation.
                    May I add that I sensed the theme of friendship, the way you can get stuck in weird situations with your best friend, but nevertheless cope with it/make it through (in this case literally). More bonding than bondage.
                    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Defender
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2015

Sure, you CAN read it like that, you CAN be boring and vulgar, but no.
                      That statement has more to do with your own view of sexuality than anything applicable to the show.

That's my point exactly. The act of strapping women on women can mean a lot of things at once.

However, to deny the obvious sexuality of having a woman's vagina strapped in two inches from the mouth of another woman is absurd. I could paste in pictures of actual bondage shots that are literally the same as the shots from the runway, but I'll spare you the boring vulgarity.

Comment

• naturalalmonds
                        • Sep 2013

Here is a video of the runway, not a recording of the livestream unfortunately: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOZmDCJeJl8
                        I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• DudleyGray
                          • Jul 2013

It's nothing to do with my views on sex but obvious and not much material for interesting discussion besides preDICKtable little one-liners and image macros.

I was thinking about the object thing, and questioning what's the object for sale? Because yeah there are clothes but it's the same overall look every season, and like he said, runway shows are more about presenting the designer's ethos. And I think that is partly why the emotional draw towards his clothes is so powerful, even when other designers can produce better quality and good design at a lower cost. It's like it represents a greater movement of adhering to the ideas that he presents on the runway. So I think good interpretations of his brand is important.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                            • May 2010

i like it at least 1/2 of it, great bombers probably the best yet and i hope it transfers to the mens as i'm pretty sure it will. Footwear is pretty bad though, thick motos and expensive Birkenstocks?? could do better. But theres good stuff here and is enjoyable and funny and warm like most rick interviews.
                            ps just went to rickowens.eu and realized the LA store opened today?

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

It's nothing to do with my views on sex but obvious and not much material for interesting discussion besides preDICKtable little one-liners and image macros.

I was thinking about the object thing, and questioning what's the object for sale? Because yeah there are clothes but it's the same overall look every season, and like he said, runway shows are more about presenting the designer's ethos. And I think that is partly why the emotional draw towards his clothes is so powerful, even when other designers can produce better quality and good design at a lower cost. It's like it represents a greater movement of adhering to the ideas that he presents on the runway. So I think good interpretations of his brand is important.
                              Liking the designer's ethos and showing an appreciation for it by following his work is one thing. Buying pieces because of the brand ethos is called being susceptible to branding and nothing else. Unless you feel moneyed enough to be a patron of Rick Owens in your own humble way just buy the pieces from designers you feel produce better quality and good design. He might be selling you a "lifestyle" or "world vision" but you are buying pants and getting nowhere near that lifestyle because it was never some sort of essence you can absorb by wearing the clothes.
                              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• DudleyGray
                                • Jul 2013

I'm not trying to buy into anyone's lifestyle or world vision. I just want the ethos of the labels I wear to be consistent with my own values or ideals. Maybe it's a branding swindle, but what isn't? That's capitalism, that's life. And if tomorrow Rick said the collection was really about glorifying paedophilia, welp, can't wear his clothes anymore. Please god, don't let Rick be a paedophile.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎