• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Deep Inside Karl Lagerfeld

Best article on the Kaiser, maybe ever, but at least since the New Yorker profile ten years ago.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Love him or hate him this guy is absolutely Amazing
    I don't think there will ever be another even close to him

the talent
    the wit
    the breadth of knowledge
    the brutal honesty
    the sheer vanity of it all

I dont know his equal.......
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Thank you for your reply. The cars thread seems to get more milage than this one, sadly.

I used to hate Karl, but I've come around. He's got the game pat down.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Thank you for your reply. The cars thread seems to get more milage than this one, sadly.
        I used to hate Karl, but I've come around. He's got the game pat down.
        nice pun there

I have never hated him.
        there is ABSOLUTELY no one like him, there just isnt, and i have always followed him just for the sheer humor of it all

"I am a fashion machine".............how do you argue with that?
        And its a very good way of him seeing himself, He used to be a body builder and legend has it that he never did drugs or smoke. So essentially in a way he has figured out how to keep himself fresh and energetic both internally and externally to continue carrying on when his compatriots has either long been dead or retired.

I remember once hearing an NPR journalist, saying he went to Paris to cover a Chanel show, and because of his inexperience he got there late and Lagerfeld had just finished giving interviews and was walking away.
        He tried to get in a question and Lagerfeld waved him off. Him begging for one question, Largefeld turned around stared in him the face an said.
        Why should i give you an interview? What can you write that has not yet been written?
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Law
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by zamb View Post

He used to be a body builder
          Das good ya?

Comment

• En.
            • May 2015

As much as I loathe Lagerfeld, I have to agree with Zamb that the man is unlike any other. He's vain yet sophisticated with a cultural image he created by being Lagerfeld. The article is a great example of his character and I enjoyed reading it, thank you.

Comment

• galia
              • Jun 2009

Always fun, thanks! I find I don't like his inspiration on its own, but I think the way he reinvents very precise and idiosyncratic codes is just great

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎