X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
    Getting some Sruli, CCP, and InAisce vibes from you this time around. I love all of this Now if only I could afford this stuff
    Thank you and Monster for the kind words.

Definitely cannot escape the Sruli vibe given how extensively I worked with materials provided by him and his studio. The CCP and IA vibes are flattering!

I think quite hard when I price my works as it is a blend of materials and personal man-hours. The pricing of the collection is in line with others are offering now and most pieces are even under that. Adding in the small productions that I am able to do with zero materials or construction compromise, clients up to now have been pleased with the total package.

In a fashion landscape where blazers are $1.5-2k+, mass-produced leather jackets at $3k+, belts $500, and bags starting at $2k, it has been challenging for most consumers for a good long while now. My objective is to offer my work below these price points while still producing something special, unique and to maintain a dialogue through the entire process. The result is ideally something that is fulfilling to all parties involved :)
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

With the 5th iteration likely being my last "formal" collection, I have been working on developing designs and patterns for my take on jackets/blazers, pants (finally!) and button up shirts and this will soon coalesce into Collateral Suiting.

Same pattern used for every suit, shirt and belt. This allows the focus to be on the fabrics used. I have built up a collection of beautiful and rare fabrics and materials that I have long wanted to create something special with. My goal is to create suits where the separates can truly be worn as individual pieces and carry one through different social settings. Thus a wardrobe can become more concise while still remaining flexible.

A preview of a bit of what this will be about can be seen here in the Collateral: Discontinuity thread where the first suit was constructed using some fabrics that are special to me.

As always, thank you all for your unending support and dialogue!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Images of all of garments in the 5th iteration worn along with the weekender bags as to get an idea of the size and carrying capabilities.

To show the different methods of buttoning, the gray Icelandic wool jacket had 2 of the 3 buttons buttoned while the bamboo jacket had all 3 buttons buttoned with the collar folded up. Both are capable of either style and look.

As an added bonus, some images of one of the suits from the Collateral suiting project worn (The Taiwan Hakka fabric suit). The suit jacket can be buttoned in several combinations resulting in either the fully buttoned look as pictured, or with 1-2 buttons buttoned with a more traditional blazer lapel look like those pictured with the grey Icelandic wool blazer.

Comment

• augustinn
          • Sep 2013

IMPRESSIVE!!
          Pm'd

Comment

• AVerdantShore
            • Jan 2011

Hi Albert--

Just wanted to say that I've watched your work from afar for quite some time and have been incredibly impressed with your output, as well as with the seemingly dual professional life you are able to lead, which is rather amazing, as well.

I've long been drawn to floral fabrics and all of your new jackets are quite wonderful looking, but that black embroidered suit is just lovely. I was surprised that you to see that you cut your buttons, as opposed to using a modified hollow cutter drill-bit. That alone clearly states a great level of craft, time, appreciation, drive and skill on your part and for that, I commend you.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AVerdantShore View Post
              Hi Albert--

Just wanted to say that I've watched your work from afar for quite some time and have been incredibly impressed with your output, as well as with the seemingly dual professional life you are able to lead, which is rather amazing, as well.

I've long been drawn to floral fabrics and all of your new jackets are quite wonderful looking, but that black embroidered suit is just lovely. I was surprised that you to see that you cut your buttons, as opposed to using a modified hollow cutter drill-bit. That alone clearly states a great level of craft, time, appreciation, drive and skill on your part and for that, I commend you.
              Thank you so much for the kind words!

I also really like certain floral patterns especially the variation (but with a stylistic distinction) found in Hakka fabrics but always found the traditional ones to be more colorful than I knew what to do with. Upon seeing this black embroidered one, I knew it was perfect.

In regards to the buttons, I had made some ebony wood ones in my studio before from thin ebony wood panels, but since then I have switched to having someone much more experienced and capable than me to produce black horn buttons for my use on a custom basis. I cannot take credit for the construction of the button itself (short of the design), but for the rest of the garment yes :)

I hope you keep producing your work as well! Been wonderful following your presentations as well!

Comment

• Skywalker13
                • Nov 2014

Wow fantastic work! The two leather jackets are awesome, especially the reversible one is one of a kind. This is were art meets clothing! Reminds me of CCP in a way as far as the faith in inventing new things and techniques is concerned, really great man. The boro jacket is just outstanding as well, By Walid influenced but with a silver detail finish. Also the blazer jackets, nice cut and details. Thank's Albert for the pics, great work!!!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Skywalker13 View Post
                  Wow fantastic work! The two leather jackets are awesome, especially the reversible one is one of a kind. This is were art meets clothing! Reminds me of CCP in a way as far as the faith in inventing new things and techniques is concerned, really great man. The boro jacket is just outstanding as well, By Walid influenced but with a silver detail finish. Also the blazer jackets, nice cut and details. Thank's Albert for the pics, great work!!!

I'll have to look at some more of By Walid's works. He has slipped under the radar for me as one of the designers to keep an eye out for. Boro fundamentally is a patchwork material which I tried to keep as intact as possible in building this jacket. I can see where parallels can be made though and I'm certainly envious of By Walid's ability to source enough vintage materials/fabrics to create a full line! The search for precious fabrics that tell a story and have "soul" is ongoing!

Comment

• Skywalker13
                    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post

I'll have to look at some more of By Walid's works. He has slipped under the radar for me as one of the designers to keep an eye out for. Boro fundamentally is a patchwork material which I tried to keep as intact as possible in building this jacket. I can see where parallels can be made though and I'm certainly envious of By Walid's ability to source enough vintage materials/fabrics to create a full line! The search for precious fabrics that tell a story and have "soul" is ongoing!
                    You're welcome! Good work deserve attention, that's how it should be!
                    By Walid is definitely one to watch oft for. His desire to search 'character fabrics' his one his great talents. I'm very interested in your future works, will there be a 6th Iteration?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Skywalker13 View Post
                      You're welcome! Good work deserve attention, that's how it should be!
                      By Walid is definitely one to watch oft for. His desire to search 'character fabrics' his one his great talents. I'm very interested in your future works, will there be a 6th Iteration?

Unclear at this time Skywalker13... I have a lot of things going on at the moment including working on founding potentially up to 2 medical device companies based on IP that I have developed in the last couple of years.

I will continue Collateral in some shape or form- more than likely the Collateral Suiting project as the next evolution of this body of work. I have a couple of different collaborations under way at the moment that should hopefully come to fruition this year as well.

Truly not enough hours in the day!

Comment

• Skywalker13
                        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                        Unclear at this time Skywalker13... I have a lot of things going on at the moment including working on founding potentially up to 2 medical device companies based on IP that I have developed in the last couple of years.

I will continue Collateral in some shape or form- more than likely the Collateral Suiting project as the next evolution of this body of work. I have a couple of different collaborations under way at the moment that should hopefully come to fruition this year as well.

Truly not enough hours in the day!
                        Well that sounds nevertheless very interesting, especially this part with the collabs. I'm curious to get to know with which companies the collabs will take place. And you're right, 24 hours a day is not enough most of the time. Thank you very much for your time. I'll be happy to see your new works very soon...

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎