• ian+
        • Dec 2011

...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Defender
          Banned
          • Jan 2015

oof...those poor models...i feel bad they had to walk in this show

hopefully for them, their careers will be on the upswing next season and they won't have to do shows like this to pay the bills

Comment

• Arkady
            • Apr 2011

Admittedly his best in a few years, I think? Which isn't saying a whole lot.

Comment

• Ahimsa
              Vegan Police
              • Sep 2011

All aboard the oversized train!
              StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• cloakroom
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Defender View Post

hopefully for them, their careers will be on the upswing next season and they won't have to do shows like this to pay the bills
                You only buy Rick, please refrain from commenting on other designers because we know already you're a one trick pony. Or ask your brother before.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                  Admittedly his best in a few years, I think? Which isn't saying a whole lot.
                  I tentatively agree. First, I dismissed it. Then I thought, no there is something to it. Still thinking about it and cannot make up my mind. Which is more than I can say for many other shows.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
                    • Apr 2011

It's mostly in the distention of collegiate symbolism, which is in some sense a statement on the ugly distortions at the core of academia where social inequality is often fine-tuned and cemented. Perhaps this applies to some of the other pieces as well.

The riding of the oversized train feels a little more intentional / politicized than with some of its other passengers. I might be giving him too much credit but I would expect this type of thinking from Raf.
                    Last edited by Arkady; 01-21-2016, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• aussy
                      • Jul 2011

This collection is immediately too overt and oppressive. Take out half of the clownish sweaters or shrink them to fit (but retain the raw hems) and it would be much stronger. Currently they distract too much from the wearable looks, though maybe that's a good thing since there isn't much design to the coats, shirts and pants. Ignoring those sweaters it feels very Raf by Raf Simons, with the exception of a few pieces. Maybe this and his last collection are in response to the restraint of Dior, or maybe he was a little too inspired by Margiela, but I miss quiet Raf.

I'm speaking of the clothes as clothes only, I haven't read into Raf's intent for this collection aside from being inspired by American youth, what a surprise!

Comment

• axtang
                        • Sep 2013

I actually love the sweaters. I think that they're almost comically oversized works really well against the expectations of the ivy league prep look that the figurative design of the sweaters evoke. It feels very charmingly tongue-in-cheek to me, though I can see how it would feel heavy-handed to some.

Practically speaking, they look like they would be a very cozy poncho-esque garment, something that is always welcome for a New England fall/winter.

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Defender View Post

i disagree. and i also kind of think that was an undeservedly harsh critique. i personally much prefer this to the rick owens show.

i don't know if its his best in years, i ended up really liking the fw14 sterling ruby stuff. but if those oversized pieces are produced in a less oversized way i could find a way to fit a lot of this into an easy, cool wearable look.
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                            • Sep 2015

I actually... don't have any strong feelings one way or the other. This seems to be Simons' take on New England prep/Ivy trad. Exaggerated proportions on the puffers and sweaters aside, this seems quite conservative for him. I can't tell whether the stripes at the top of those boots are just a removable attachment or not?
                            who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• jogu
                              • Jun 2009

fuck i love this ! looks classy and dirty , this is best in show for me so far

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎