• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LupinTheFourth
    • Aug 2009

Man...

Someone above stated the obvious and I gotta beat the same drum:
    The runway-stuff is ridiculous and fugly -> preco is where it's at.
    Preco pays the bills so why not experiment on some weird shit for the show to serve the media.. BUT @ the showroom where you don't have put together the looks with those ridiculous pants the stuff still works and is really gorgeous.

But for the shows & styling : IMO CRUST is the only really proper men's show he's made that I think hits all the right notes and would cop everything, even the heels to go with the whole thing.
    modern man

Comment

• unwashed
      • Dec 2008

Crust, 2009... best year in mens fashion history
      Grailed link

Comment

• upsilonkng
        • May 2010

2009 was kind of the best, my personal favorite from rick, probably the best or 2 nd best from julius, bbs starting coming for real, DD had a great season as well, ccp of course is still selling stuff from 2009, yohan serfaty had one of his best, even viridi anne was at their peak, Ann D was great,now if u look at their collective 2016 shows or lack thereof the difference is (enter post embarrassing rick show explanation) "severe" .
        Rick is rave and 90's and horrible, julius put out an embarrassing K-pop yearbook pamphlet, BBS even better!!, CCP???, Yohan gone and what passes as late 80's russian male prostitute attire is on the runway, VI cannot gather any interest, DD on a slight comeback from years of going to too many world music seminars, Ann D is dead. So yeah fw09 is looking better every year.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Just like with music and art, they'll tell you it's only nostalgia, but you know it's not.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• unwashed
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
            2009 was kind of the best, my personal favorite from rick, probably the best or 2 nd best from julius, bbs starting coming for real, DD had a great season as well, ccp of course is still selling stuff from 2009, yohan serfaty had one of his best, even viridi anne was at their peak, Ann D was great
            Missing Undercover, Number Nine... Overall that year had a lot to offer from different brands
            Grailed link

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
              • Dec 2012

2009 was kind of the best, my personal favorite from rick, probably the best or 2 nd best from julius, bbs starting coming for real, DD had a great season as well, ccp of course is still selling stuff from 2009, yohan serfaty had one of his best, even viridi anne was at their peak, Ann D was great,now if u look at their collective 2016 shows or lack thereof the difference is (enter post embarrassing rick show explanation) "severe" .
              Rick is rave and 90's and horrible, julius put out an embarrassing K-pop yearbook pamphlet, BBS even better!!, CCP???, Yohan gone and what passes as late 80's russian male prostitute attire is on the runway, VI cannot gather any interest, DD on a slight comeback from years of going to too many world music seminars, Ann D is dead. So yeah fw09 is looking better every year.
              Originally posted by unwashed View Post
              Missing Undercover, Number Nine... Overall that year had a lot to offer from different brands
              Man I wish I had discovered mens fashion earlier, I missed 2009, I was 3 years late .... but according to how you all sound amazed, I sure did miss something incredible...

Comment

• Arkady
                • Apr 2011

DD on a slight comeback from years of going to too many world music seminars
                Fucking crying right now.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                  • Jul 2013

I was on board for the big cargo pants (I know I'm in the minority here), but I just had the thought, 'public restrooms.'
                  bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Nickefuge
                    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                    I was on board for the big cargo pants (I know I'm in the minority here), but I just had the thought, 'public restrooms.'
                    You could probably hide a catheter i those pants. Problem solved!
                    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                      You could probably hide a catheter i those pants. Problem solved!
                      Ah, that explains the cargo pockets, thanks.
                      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• eloquent
                        • Sep 2016

Good morning from Bangkok. First post here after lurking for a while. How is the quality of these season's footwear? Has it dropped like it has in Cyclops as I've read somewhere? SS16 was the season that I got into Rick, a little late to the party but better late than never!

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                          • Sep 2008

Picked up a few basics from the London store and noticed they had a tag that just said 'forever'. Is this his new tag for the pre-collections?

Comment

• ian+
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
                            Picked up a few basics from the London store and noticed they had a tag that just said 'forever'. Is this his new tag for the pre-collections?
                            It's a new tag for basics I guess since they seasonless pieces
                            ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• scanner
                              • Mar 2015

Yes, FOREVER is now the permanent collection items, rather than introduce them as Pre Co. I'll miss having seasonal tags, but it makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎