Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ilurkaround
    • Jan 2012

Looks better in motion, but I'm definitely not a fan of those cargo wide leg JNCO ravers. I think if the wide leg pants were just his regular pod shorts, etc., it would look like a typical Rick collection. The coats look nice.

The shoes are exaggerated superstars? It looks like his typical bulbous toe cap, but with the superstar shell toe.

Comment

• frostiblack
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
      Michelle's been out of town, hasn't she.
      Literally my thought.

Comment

• C.R.E.A.M
        • Feb 2015

Can't wait for MAMMOTH SS17........

Comment

• stemcell
          • Jul 2011

So maybe Michele has been out of town and maybe Rick wants to get a little trashy, since you know, we can't pretend his classic look hasn't gone nearly mainstream. Maybe he wanted to be a little difficult, a little ridiculous, it's not so bad, a lot of interesting and beautiful pieces, not my favorite either but just wait for the drift.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
            • Jan 2013

I think SZ Mag has the right idea: just get the tops/outerwear and wear it with your favorite existing Rick pants and it's a decent collection.

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

These jackets look interesting, seems to be some kind of draping happening on the sides.

music

Comment

• curiouscharles
                • Jan 2008

loving the silhouettes created with the trench - over - cargo tunic - paired w/ shell-toe superstars w/ tall socks.

the wide legged / cargo jumpsuits make for great fashion on the runway, but I doubt many will be ready to embrace that generation of silhouette again.

that being said, as defender points out - they create quite an intriguing shape paired with a cropped jacket over top, but personally, investing in such a silhouette would only dislodge / disrupts own wardrobe's progress, not add to it.

-

Comment

• Bson
                  • May 2013

I'm surprised a lot of you are so negative about the pants. How often do you see anyone wear Rick pants other than the basic ones he releases every season, anyway.... He is trying to evoke a feeling with a new silhouette, and for me it's a breather after all the gimmicks (crotch holes, women 'wearing' other women) that he's been showing the past few seasons. It definitely evokes a sort of 90s mall goth for me too, but with that certain modernity, elegance, and depth of perspective only he can bring.

Comment

• Slub
                    • Jan 2015

Agreed, the wide leg pants are fantastic, the suede one piece items and the pannier pocketed tunic I really dig. I was more put off by the burgundy/orange combinations in the latter half of the show, the bleached denim pants looked great but the same bleach pattern jarring and somewhat incongruous when the treatment was dyed orange in the other iterations.

Comment

• aussy
                      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Bson View Post
                      I'm surprised a lot of you are so negative about the pants. How often do you see anyone wear Rick pants other than the basic ones he releases every season, anyway.... He is trying to evoke a feeling with a new silhouette
                      My issue isn't with the silhouette, its with the details: the zippers, the pockets and the contrast stitching. They read too literally and too similar to UFO pants. Look 6, look 8 (flatter pockets without zips) or any look where a long coat covers the pockets enough to hide the zippers but preserve their baggy shape are far more refined than the others.

Comment

• delicious_not
                        • Dec 2012

all i see in here is some kind of intentional ugliness. who the fuck wants to wear rave pants or look like a jesse kanda artwork? even the colors are nasty, most of them. orange on brown? dark purple mohair? rick, dude... then again, when was the last time i really wanted something shown on the runway? maybe 6-8 seasons ago... pre-collection, here i come. i still need a shawl collar jacket, a hooded coat and a few more black turtlenecks.

these weirdly draped jackets are interesting, though.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
                          all i see in here is some kind of intentional ugliness. who the fuck wants to wear rave pants or look like a jesse kanda artwork? even the colors are nasty, most of them. orange on brown? dark purple mohair? rick, dude... then again, when was the last time i really wanted something shown on the runway? maybe 6-8 seasons ago... pre-collection, here i come. i still need a shawl collar jacket, a hooded coat and a few more black turtlenecks.

these weirdly draped jackets are interesting, though.
                          "Next day I started with Rick Owens. His show, in the basement of Palais de Tokyo was a letdown. The super-wide pants (and it was the season of wide pants, didn’t you get the memo? Lucky, you who don’t subscribe to trend reports) were silly, too close to the raver pants from the 90s. The abbreviated double-breasted jackets didn’t help. The long hairy parkas were fine, and if you have always dreamed of being a purple yeti, you can pair them with some other hairy tops.

When I got to the showroom, things brightened up but not by much. There were fine knits and those hairy parkas and what not, but I know you know that I know you will be buying the greatest hits from the pre-collection come next fall. And this has become Owens’ thing – he can afford to go wild on the runway because he has built a stellar body of work that he has shifted into the pre-collection. Hurray for that – let the man experiment. Good or bad, it’s interesting."

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• delicious_not
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            "Next day I started with Rick Owens. His show, in the basement of Palais de Tokyo was a letdown. The super-wide pants (and it was the season of wide pants, didn’t you get the memo? Lucky, you who don’t subscribe to trend reports) were silly, too close to the raver pants from the 90s. The abbreviated double-breasted jackets didn’t help. The long hairy parkas were fine, and if you have always dreamed of being a purple yeti, you can pair them with some other hairy tops.

When I got to the showroom, things brightened up but not by much. There were fine knits and those hairy parkas and what not, but I know you know that I know you will be buying the greatest hits from the pre-collection come next fall. And this has become Owens’ thing – he can afford to go wild on the runway because he has built a stellar body of work that he has shifted into the pre-collection. Hurray for that – let the man experiment. Good or bad, it’s interesting."

http://www.sz-mag.com/news/2016/01/f...mblings-fw-16/
                            i wonder what happens when you get all the pre-collection grails. i'm somewhere in the middle of building my perfect rick wardrobe, but it's scares me already.

i mean it's great that there is a pre-collection and you sure as hell won't miss your pair of creepers, but the whole repertoire feels pretty limited. most stores buy the same stuff every season and the runway offerings are usually unwearable. what's next, just a new scarf once in a while? or maybe the tweaking stage lol? "hmm the cotton on this jacket feels cheap, i should swap it for the new season release made of wool, make offers".

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Well, that can be a lengthy process, unless you are quite rich. And new items do enter the preco based on how successfully they sold during a runway collection.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                                • May 2008

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
                                ...what's next, just a new scarf once in a while? or maybe the tweaking stage lol?
                                That's precisely where I am. It's now just about more cashmere and better leather and less cotton. It's like I am slowly building the perfect uniform and I quite enjoy it.
                                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎