• Guun
      • Nov 2014

Last edited by Guun; 01-25-2016, 08:27 PM. Reason: fixed width
      insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

• yffet
        • Aug 2009

I like it.

Nothing very new tho, army vibe still here. Maybe less agressive.

Bamba sneakers and mid boots looks very similar to previous fw.
        Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

Comment

• Arkady
          • Apr 2011

No surprise but I love it, there is something inherently futurist about that shade of grey. The ice planet beckons.

Interesting use of volume in the short sleeve long zip-neck pieces, the front-facing bag belts look both original and actually practical, and what can I say about the face furniture.

While this doesn't necessarily "beat" FW15 which wound up being one of my favorite collections ever made, strong showing. Not too many "so-called new ideas but no self sabotage either.

Comment

• Osseovs
            • Oct 2012

Cyberpunk on the moon.

As mentioned before, it doesn't necessarily do anything particularly 'new', but rather it simply seems to be Boris maintaining form, and I can admire consistency done tastefully.

The minimal futuristic-military/utility look is always great to see. I also prefer the thinner frames on the sunglasses over previous iterations; it comes closer to the classic aviator design, more or less.

Comment

• Defender
              Banned
              • Jan 2015

the lunarcore kids are gonna love it.

i like the accent pieces and accessories a lot. halo sunglasses are great.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                • Apr 2013

the colors trilogy
                Originally posted by unwashed
                Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                Originally posted by Ahimsa
                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• scanner
                  • Mar 2015

Not my favorite collection of his (I think FW15 and SS15 will be hard to beat) however there are quite a few pieces here that i'd love to have. While others have said the footwear doesn't offer much new, I actually think there are some great new details in the lacing and tongues of sneakers and the boots look incredible. Definitely looking forward to seeing some of those gorgeous leather jackets as well. The only thing I'm not too fond of is the over use of this butcher / dress thing that is so prominent in this collection, but there is enough variety here and the vision is pretty incredible in general. Great stuff.

Comment

• GucciAmen
                    • Sep 2014

This kind of reminds me of a much earlier FW collection of his - Glacierism - where he implemented similar layering (but then it was a bit sloppy, this time it's much more controlled). There also seems to be an aviator kind of feel with the caps - or whatever - he's using on some of the models. That fur that he's using with the leather jacket is beautiful, I might have to try and pick up the bamba high's in that iteration.

The high zip boots remind me of FW11 which is also another definite plus.

Noticed that in one of the looks he had it styled inside-out (as opposed to the bulk of the outerwear for ss16) to show off the taped seams?

Also very much so liking the heavy upper silhouettes with shorts and then tights as a barrier between the heavy upper and heavy footwear so it doesn't come off as overly bulky throughout.

Comment

• Cantara
                      • Mar 2015

Yes there is nothing really "new" but as a whole the collection is really nice. Probably my favorite out of anyone so far this season.

Comment

• Resonkuken
                        • Oct 2012

I absolutely love this. I enjoyed the red and blue focused collections but this one is no garments that I´m not crazy about. Really dig the coats and the insanely long knits.

Comment

• Guun
                          • Nov 2014

This collection was refreshing to see after Rick's mess. Nice and cohesive. The palette is very safe, but pleasant. Many of the pieces seem very wearable, but nothing revolutionary. Good to see Boris refining his aesthetic
                          insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

• Lex1017
                            • Jul 2015

Other than the bodybag in the first look I really like this whole collection. The "riding boots" with the shorts looks amazing. I think the proportion looks really cool, the boot is slim enough to not look sloppy but not skin tight (very similar to stretched sock sneakers) which works really well. Awesome. Reminds me a bit of moody.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Cantara View Post
                              Yes there is nothing really "new" but as a whole the collection is really nice. Probably my favorite out of anyone so far this season.
                              I think that's totally fine. I drew an analogy between BBS and Haider Ackermann, which was funny but kind of accurate. I like designers that establish an aesthetic world and then dig deep into it. Unlike the RO precollection, say, BBS lets you add new things to the wardrobe besides just changing a color or leather type.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎