Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sroreilly
    • Jul 2015

well I was hoping since last fall winter was a bit militaristic leaning this collection might be more romantic (something like fw13...o wellz). After ss16 you can see some of these shapes and ideas coming.

Almost like a 90s grunge denim and plaid meeting a sort of glam look right in the middle without either piece being changed to accommodate the other. I hope it's not some kind of attempt at wooing the slp kidz... cuz it's not gonna happen(the clothes are about 18 sizes too big for that crowd).

So far, SS16 looks pretty different in stores than it did on the runway, I imagine something similar will happen here. There are some nice looking things on the runway I think.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by casem View Post
      yep...
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Gatsu
        • Jul 2015

not into this, i think meunier should have continoued with the fw 15 look and refined that.

i like the black combat boots tho, like amulet wrote.

Comment

• Mattiassa
          • Dec 2014

Hehe..Meunier really starts running his own race on this brand. Can see the provocation potential. Still not sure what to make of this because I still have the legacy frame on this brand.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
            • Sep 2015

Are we reverting back to the 90s? What's the deal with these baggy pants in obnoxious colors showing up in collections?
            who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• naturalalmonds
              • Sep 2013

Buffalo plaid?!
              I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• Ahimsa
                Vegan Police
                • Sep 2011

More on SZ-mag

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• aussy
                  • Jul 2011

Glad to see the, so far, unanimously negative reaction to this collection, considering the SS collection, though a sign of what was to come, still received some positive reviews. My experience with Ann is limited to my years on this forum, but even without that the emotional 'this is not ann!' response of a true admirer this is a terrible collection, even uglier than Rick's which at least that had a vision. I can't imagine who would wear these clothes (even in the internet world where we imagine everyone dresses in Fashion 24/7), at least how they're styled on the runway. Hairy fabrics with formal wools and tartan flannel? ugh

Comment

• stemcell
                    • Jul 2011

As much as I wanted to throw up on first look this morning, after a few more looks throughout the day there are some decent pieces. His collections have felt so cheap and bad in stores though.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                      • May 2010

continuing the overall downward spiral of fw15 across the board.. the only good one i've seen is bbs, the rest is all 90's.. I kind of dread looking at another show right now.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                        • Jan 2008

although the themes / theatre / presentation of Meunier's shows has never really been for us, this one was especially hard to watch.

I can already see the few outerwear pieces I can afford looking good in black, but I'm definitely going into the showroom with a throat full of dread this time - not a good feeling.

-

Comment

• tyhsien
                          • Sep 2014

I miss the poetic days from Ann although i discovered her not so long ago compared so some senior members here.

But on the positive side, would be interesting to see how people wear on street the new ann. :D

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
                            although the themes / theatre / presentation of Meunier's shows has never really been for us, this one was especially hard to watch.

I can already see the few outerwear pieces I can afford looking good in black, but I'm definitely going into the showroom with a throat full of dread this time - not a good feeling.
                            The one saving grace of this disaster is that everything will be available in black at the showroom. I'm going Monday.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sroreilly
                              • Jul 2015

Originally posted by aussy View Post
                              Glad to see the, so far, unanimously negative reaction to this collection, considering the SS collection,
                              I wouldn't say it is unanimous. I am still optimistic; even on the runway, it looks like the collection contains a lot of content at least, so i think there may be a good amount to like for a lot of people.

Comment

• hasin1312
                                • Nov 2014

This is more or less non funny Zoolander fashion.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎