Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galia
    • Jun 2009

I disagree, it's just bland. the unfunny zoolander thing to me is the margiela show, but I must be missing something because everyone else seems to love it and I just don't get it

Comment

• scheff
      • Sep 2010

It feels incoherent, Ann used to pick few colors and used them consistently within the season. And all those checker patters and blue denim remind me of Junya and feel totally out of place. Plus all the baggy pants with outfits looking like teddy bear paws.. Pretty disappointed, but there are few pieces I like - the jacket with yellow lapels, the dark orange coats, perhaps there'll be some interesting knits in the showroom.

Comment

• Mattiassa
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by scheff View Post
        It feels incoherent, Ann used to pick few colors and used them consistently within the season. And all those checker patters and blue denim remind me of Junya and feel totally out of place. Plus all the baggy pants with outfits looking like teddy bear paws.. Pretty disappointed, but there are few pieces I like - the jacket with yellow lapels, the dark orange coats, perhaps there'll be some interesting knits in the showroom.
        I agree with this. I thought the fw 15 felt more linear and consistent. But I also quite like the umber/orange color and there was a dark green suit which was nice as well.

Comment

• curiouscharles
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          The one saving grace of this disaster is that everything will be available in black at the showroom. I'm going Monday.
          just got back from my appointment - was just great.

the "theme" of the collection was lost on me - and it (as usual) was the sole thing responsible for all the gaudy colour and fabric choices.

just as SS16, there was more than enough black linen/cotton/wool blend varieties for me to have a hard time staying within my budget.

grise was also excellent this time around (really hitting the classic shapes hard, as it should, and at a fantastic price point) and I look forward to what Rafael will do with that line as we move forward through future seasons.

a few unfortunate omissions from their pre-collection footwear, but definitely some great stuff in there (new & old), and I had no problem hitting my quotas and feeling great about my choices (ie - stuff I all want for myself).
          —
          -

Comment

• hasin1312
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by galia View Post
            I disagree, it's just bland. the unfunny zoolander thing to me is the margiela show, but I must be missing something because everyone else seems to love it and I just don't get it
            Thats kind of what I mean. It feels costume-y but lacks all kind zoolander funnyness/sillyness. It also lacks big print bike shorts but thats a different story!

Comment

• sroreilly
              • Jul 2015

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
              I look forward to what Rafael will do with that line as we move forward through future seasons.

Gris line has a different designer?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by sroreilly View Post
                Gris line has a different designer?
                Yes..
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mattiassa
                  • Dec 2014

Yes..
                  Who is he?

Comment

• AVerdantShore
                    • Jan 2011

OMFG. I just made some comment about how Sebastian had applied his own tweaks to the Demeulemeester story over in the new season Y-Project thread, before taking a glance at this and have to retract everything I said.

It is one thing to want to define yourself and carve out your own niche and customer and that is understandable, but unlike UnderCover and Number (N)ine which explored stories from season to season, Ann had a consistent aesthetic and this does not ring in line with it whatso-effing-ever.

Comment

• Resonkuken
                      • Oct 2012

This is not the romantic Ann we´re used to seeing, at all. Feels very little like an Ann D. collection, yet I still do see some standouts.

Comment

• Law
                        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by AVerdantShore View Post
                        It is one thing to want to define yourself and carve out your own niche and customer and that is understandable, but unlike UnderCover and Number (N)ine which explored stories from season to season, Ann had a consistent aesthetic and this does not ring in line with it whatso-effing-ever.
                        I don't think he got the memo.

Comment

• En.
                          • May 2015

Originally posted by Law View Post
                          I don't think he got the memo.
                          Doesn't seem like he'd give a damn.

Comment

• SafetyKat
                            • Aug 2014

The one saving grace of this disaster is that everything will be available in black at the showroom. I'm going Monday.
                            Pls sneak some pics if at all possible, I need a hope injection STAT...

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

True, but isn't this terrible for business? If the show alienates the customer base they may not even bother to look in store to see if there's anything good. The show should make you look forward to what's going to be in stores (rather than praying that it doesn't look like the runway) otherwise what's the point?

Concerning gris, I've found it to be a really disappointing line. It's like CDG Homme Deux, really boring business stuff but with a terrible boxy cut. Ann did volume really well in her mainline, but the cut of gris just looks like some cheap stuff from Macy's. I dunno, I bought a shirt on sale for about $200 from gris and when i got it home I realized it basically looks like something from urban outfitters so I took it back the next day.

music

Comment

• sroreilly
                                • Jul 2015

Originally posted by casem View Post
                                True, but isn't this terrible for business? If the show alienates the customer base they may not even bother to look in store to see if there's anything good.

It is worth pointing out that the Ann label has become quite diverse over the years; I think the customer base has also become diversified. I think if you look at just these forums there have been quite a few collections to receive comments along the lines of "where is the Ann I know" and the brand is continuing on.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎