...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• ian+
        • Dec 2011

...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Lex1017
          • Jul 2015

My favourite collection so far. Footwear looks awesome, really want those layered toe dress shoes. The shoulder "caps", and layered pieces reminded me of turtle shells and armadillo bodies. All of the straps and rivets really worked for me. I am not huge on floral prints but all of the pops of colour in the patchwork were really cool as well.

Comment

• Arkady
            • Apr 2011

Intolerable to my eye but at least the pattern making is interesting -- what's with everyone slamming a potted plant on a guy's head and calling it art direction lately?

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

Really??! It's a pretty basic/safe collection, don't see anything intolerable here.

To me it's a place holder collection, great classic comme but nothing too new and exciting, just like the latest Yohji collection.

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
              Intolerable to my eye but at least the pattern making is interesting -- what's with everyone slamming a potted plant on a guy's head and calling it art direction lately?
              music

Comment

• amulet
                • Apr 2015

Nothing too ground breaking from Comme... and I'm not crazy about the styling; but it's a decent collection none the less.

I'm fascinated by this blazer it's structure reminds me of knight's armour, I'd really like to see it & it's variants in person.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I liked it (well, obviously the black parts of it). This surely is a season of lowered expectations.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Bson
                    • May 2013

Who doesn't love potted plants?! I agree it's nothing unexpected, but lots of great essential H+ in there. Funny that Rei seems to homogenize all typical "Fall" or "Spring" clothing options in her men's collections while still practically only making purely tailored clothes... It can get tired... In the women's at least the clothes are so far removed from any concept of S/S or F/W that it makes sense what she shows, but with the men's it feels like every season is almost always the same basic forms of pieces and tends to give a kind of redundancy to her work for H+ despite it still being great.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                      • Apr 2013

I really like those short pants, very much still CDG as a collection but there is something revamped about it considering the lapel size of the last couple of seasons it is rather toned down although some are still rather big, what was the press release ?(although it is usually something random or one word)
                      Originally posted by unwashed
                      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                      Originally posted by Ahimsa
                      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• scheff
                        • Sep 2010

Enjoy the triangular pockets on some of the coats. And I think that the sleeves/pockets with layered fabrics actually work pretty well on few of the black pieces.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                          Vegan Police
                          • Sep 2011

More on SZ-mag

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• ronin
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2009

It's good to see the clothes from different angles in the SZ shots. The "sliced limbs" seem to have a more intricate construction than I first thought, I like the differences in weights and textures (the clashing wallflower patterns don't bother me, it's classic CdG territory to me). I love the armor inspiration (it would be nice to see the jackets in movement) and the back of the "nailed" seams jacket.

Comment

• AVerdantShore
                              • Jan 2011

The construction and paneling is interesting, I suppose, although not inherently wearable. That said, every time I look for CDGH+ stuff on eBay, there's a ton of shining gems that don't really come off the same way they do on the runway and it seems more palatable when disseminated from the runway show.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎