Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • falkenauge
    • Nov 2015

Well I actually enjoyed it. The color palette is fantastic, I even like the brown and orange. Only thing I don't like is that nowadays he only shows adidas footwear on the runway.

Comment

• unwashed
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by voltbird View Post
      Thankfully, none of us asked you.

Hey man, I can share my thoughts... Thanks for picking out my comment though, from all the ones containing more quality and depth, to reply too and contribute so much more to this thread. I feel like we are bonding.
      Grailed link

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

Tim Blanks for BoF

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
          Hey man, I can share my thoughts... Thanks for picking out my comment though, from all the ones containing more quality and depth, to reply too and contribute so much more to this thread. I feel like we are bonding.
          I bet she chose to comment on your statement, because it was the least qualified and most shit post of all. You didn't care to elaborate one bit about why exactly you didn't like the collection.
          And why should women care about what men want them to dress like? That's the opposite of Rick's point of view anyway.

BTT:
          I for one liked it very much and agree with those who preferred it to the men's collection. So I might just get some pieces from Mastodon women's.
          The colors go well with cyclops and it makes sense for Rick to use fresh tones usually associated with spring for a F/W collection regarding global warming and the whole theme of change.
          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• stemcell
            • Jul 2011

The video is up:

'SWANS REFLECTING ELEPHANTS' IS THE NAME OF A SALVADOR DALI PAINTING AS WELL AS THE TITLE OF THE LOOPY AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF EDWARD JAMES, HIS BIGGEST PATRON. BUT...

Also notice he has been putting these nice descriptions, at least since cyclops, I haven't checked to see if it's been written for any others.

Comment

• stemcell
              • Jul 2011

'SWANS REFLECTING ELEPHANTS' IS THE NAME OF A SALVADOR DALI PAINTING AS WELL AS THE TITLE OF THE LOOPY AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF EDWARD JAMES, HIS BIGGEST PATRON. BUT IT’S ALSO A GREAT FEMINIZED SUBTITLE FOR THIS SEASON’S COLLECTION NAME, MASTODON.

FOR THE MEN’S COLLECTION, THE TITLE ‘MASTODON’ REFERRED TO A COLLECTIVE UNEASINESS REGARDING ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGES AND HOW GRACEFULLY EMBRACING THE INEVITABLE END OF A CYCLE MIGHT BE THE NATURAL ORDER OF THINGS.

THE WOMEN’S COLLECTION CONTINUES THIS THEME OF EVOLUTION WITH SOFT ABSTRACTIONS FOLDING AROUND THE BODY IN A WAY THAT COULD REFLECT how WE MIGHT ONE DAY CALMLY FOLD INTO THE ETHER. LIKE IN A DALI PAINTING. ON AYAHUASCA.

THE PRIMORDIAL SPLASHES AND DRIPS THAT WERE MORE AGGRESSIVE IN THE MEN’S COLLECTION HAVE BEEN SWEETENED HERE IN THICK CUPCAKE FROSTING EMBROIDERIES RUNNING DOWN NARROWLY CUT COATS, WHILE OTHERS ARE GRAPHICALLY SLICED WITH FIELDS OF HAPHAZARD DRAPING.

THE SILK GAZARS FROM LAST SPRING HAVE BEEN INFUSED WITH WOOL TO CREATE FEATHER-LIGHT MERINO AND SILK MERINGUES. FLOATING FLANNELS AND MOHAIR CLOUDS ARE WRAPPED INTO ROBES AND TUNICS TO BE WORN OVER VELVET BOXERS-CUM-SKIRTS.

THIS COLLECTION FETISHIZES A CHALLENGING GREEN I CALL CASTAING AFTER THE LEGENDARY INTERIOR DECORATOR MADELEINE CASTAING. ALTHOUGH IT WAS A TURQUOISE BLUE SHE WAS KNOWN FOR, I LIKED THIS WEIRD GREEN SHE FREQUENTLY ACCENTED IT WITH. AND HER HABIT OF WEARING A WIG HELD ON WITH AN ELASTIC CHIN STRAP HAD A COULDN’T-CARE-LESS-IN-WANING-YEARS ATTITUDE WE COULD ALL TAKE TO HEART WHEN FACING ANY KIND OF DECLINE.

TUNICS WEIGHED DOWN WITH GILDED CHAINS ADD A NOTE OF PRIMITIVE GLITTER. WE’VE REISSUED OUR ADIDAS TECH RUNNER IN A THIGH-HIGH STRETCH LEATHER SOCK— A CROSS BETWEEN A SNEAKER AND AN OPERA GLOVE.

AS WITH THE MEN’S, THIS COLLECTION IS LABELED WITH A ONE-TIME-ONLY OWENSCORP LABEL THAT HAS BEEN DIPPED IN THE HONEY PRODUCED BY THE BEES MY BETTER HALF, HUN, IMPULSIVELY INSTALLED ON THE ROOF OF OUR HOUSE.

THE MUSIC IS AN EXCLUSIVE REMIX OF ‘SWOOP’, A MOOMBAHTON ANTHEM WITH UPLIFTING DELIRIOUSLY PSYCHEDELIC FLOURISHES, BY L.A. ARTISTS ETC!ETC! AND BRILLZ. PERFECT FOR PUTTING AN OPTIMISTIC FACE ON CHANGING TIMES

MY FAVORITE SALVADOR DALI QUOTE TO LIVE BY; ‘I DONT DO DRUGS, I AM DRUGS’.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                • Sep 2010

In strong contrast to the menswear collection which I really hated, I think this collection is beautiful and I personally think it's great to see the complex geometric shapes and I like the colors too. Rick always chooses the colors that almost no one else would (other than black and white obviously) and maybe I'll get some womens line pieces to replace the lack thereof from the menswear this season.

Comment

• patR
                  • Apr 2015

Very solid collection. Count me as someone who likes it.

I'm undecided on the dripping coats and the hair (could be better suited for another collection IMO). Hate the music.

But I do like many of the coats, jumpsuits, long puffers and especially that drapey sweater in the last look. Scaled leather I'm assuming?
                  Last edited by patR; 03-05-2016, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• aussy
                    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by patR View Post
                    Scaled leather I'm assuming?
                    Looks like arapaima leather

Comment

• voltbird
                      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by stemcell View Post
                      THE PRIMORDIAL SPLASHES AND DRIPS THAT WERE MORE AGGRESSIVE IN THE MEN’S COLLECTION HAVE BEEN SWEETENED HERE IN THICK CUPCAKE FROSTING EMBROIDERIES RUNNING DOWN NARROWLY CUT COATS, WHILE OTHERS ARE GRAPHICALLY SLICED WITH FIELDS OF HAPHAZARD DRAPING.
                      I also quite like my gut interpretation, which was to view the different shades of colorful ooze in the men's and women's collections as the destruction and generation of planetary crust, respectively. I mean, if we're going to be thinking along such ancient timelines...

Maybe I just want to envision him hunched over his laptop, engrossed in a Wikipedia article on plate tectonics. "So, the subducted plate sinks and melts, and new crust is formed when that same Basaltic magma is pushed out and cooled by ocean waters! FASCINATING!"

Comment

• etgreg
                        • Jan 2011

I'm on the same side as mrbeuys and casem. There's a lot of beautiful looks in this collection. The raver cargo pants work better for the women; although I did like a few of the pants from the men's. I also like the Adidas sock boots and their colors.

The side photos from SZ are fantastic. Look at the detail and texture of the green dripping in the brown jacket.

It's always great to listen to Ricks explanations, you can tell he is so sincere; even if I'm not smart enough to fully understand.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                          • May 2010

As most have said the first few looks are the strongest and far superior the the worst Rick show ever the fw16 men's show. Great coat/blazer and cut and great dress shape though I'm wondering if it's going to work for larger or shorter girls, I havent met girls who wanted to make their waist big like 2 pythons having a pillow fight where their stomach is, course it looks good on someone 6ft1 and barely 90lbs but what about 5ft6 and 120lbs???
                          of course the good times don't last, by 3/5 of the way Rick now goes to his customary "what is clothes" section this time I believe the theme is Weekend at Bernies where they're carrying a dead Bernie across the body in the form of sleeping bag... Raver pants still suck , makes me think the only people that those would work on are future WNBA players in 10th grade.. 6 ft 5 and 130, otherwise.. I can't wait to see MBD try to rock any of this stuff since she's like 5 ft tall.
                          Height matters when a pair of pants require a choker so u dont trip on them..

Comment

• Nickefuge
                            • Nov 2014

First look at the Rick x Adidas for Mastodon via Cotton Club
                            "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                            -Paris Hilton

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎