music

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

music

Comment

• Mattiassa
        • Dec 2014

His best collection so far. Can't stop watching.

Comment

• casem
          • Sep 2006

Gotta say, I love it. He's managed to evolve while still maintaining a signature look, which is very hard to do. Just keeps getting better and better
          music

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

That's a nice women's collection for sure. Love it. Oh, wait...
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Law
              • Dec 2013

I'm failing to see what's so good about this. Bog standard "generic" run of the mill CSM final collection graduate work

Comment

• Arkady
                • Apr 2011

Maintaining a signature quilt-laden catatonia is more like it.

I feel nothing for this athletic upholstery.

Comment

• aussy
                  • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  That's a nice women's collection for sure. Love it. Oh, wait...
                  How open and insightful. Oh, wait...

I think this is a step forward for Craig Green but I still have issues with the collection.

I hope he soon improves his styling. We don't need to see every look in a half deconstructed state, just a few would have been enough considering that the laced construction is featured in almost half of the looks. As is, it comes off as a gimmick and superficial when compared to Kei Ninomiya's work.

I wish he rendered some of those simpler, jumpsuit looks in different fabrics or interspersed them throughout the collection to ground the more exuberant pieces. On that note, the outerwear could have been much more powerful if shown with pants. He could also benefit from showing less looks. It reads like an unsuccessful Junya collection, where 2/3 of the looks just differ in color.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                    Vegan Police
                    • Sep 2011

This needs some toning down, it's a tad over-designed.
                    Seeing basically everything in a deconstructed manner like this is the equivalent of Boris having every outerwear piece being sent down the runway worn by those inside straps.

I really don't understand the London love for showing male midriff. It doesn't feel forward or androgynous, just kinda shock tactic tacky. (And this is coming from someone who wears quite a bit of womenswear)

I'm sure some of these pieces are fairly brilliant in person, but the styling is doing them no favors.
                    StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• applecrisp
                      • Jun 2013

I must be getting old, I don't get it. Will he ever do anything different?

His whole design vocabulary consists of what likely amounts to him seeing a gambeson or 2 in a museum at some point in his life and just using that one moment for inspiration going forward.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by aussy View Post
                        How open and insightful. Oh, wait...
                        If this deserved further commentary, you would've gotten it. The whole effeminate "mens-fashion-is-for-gays" thing they are pushing in London is the most retrograde concept in menswear now. This is 2016, not 1986.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Raviel de Silverlake
                          • Jun 2015

I can only say something bland and boring like: Man this guy took that quote about consistency is the key to success far too long.

Comment

• aussy
                            • Jul 2011

Please fill me in on this context. To me it sounds like you're more frustrated with LFW as a scene and the hype around CG rather than the collection itself, which was just alright.

Regardless, I'm not seeing anything particularly effeminate aside from the styling. CG has stated his intent on making more boyish clothes this collection in a few interviews. Even if he were pushing some sort of gender neutral agenda, it would be relevant to young people at this point in time even if it isn't new in fashion.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                              • May 2010

it'd be cool if someone taught him at an earlier age this game we call connect the dots... is he gonna finish 3/4 of this stuff? I can't believe this guy even has investors... i look at his "collection" and I think, shit if I had that old pair of Ann D boots w/ like 200 eyelets and one of these eyelet suits and it had come undone it would literally take me a decade to push the laces thru my 9000 eyelets and just how fuckin stupid I would look and more importantly feel.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎