• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NOHSAD
    • Nov 2014

Aitor Throup - Men's S/S 17 LFW

Source

All pictures belong to Ian Gavan of Gettyimages

"Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais
  • NOHSAD
    • Nov 2014

"Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• SketchingJack
      • Aug 2015

Really incredible performance. It lends it self to video viewing far better than pictures though. Heres the video link from the designers thread: https://www.facebook.com/businessoff...3760700137428/

Comment

• Guun
        • Nov 2014

Insane concept and performance. Good to see aitor didn't lose his edge
        insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

• k3mist
          • Apr 2013

refreshing runway. i do look forward to see the garment details cause construction seems to have simplified from his previous collection.

Comment

• Ahimsa
            Vegan Police
            • Sep 2011

Aitor Throup: New Object Research - SS17 'Rite of Spring'
            More on StyleZeitgeist Magazine

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Arkady
              • Apr 2011

Kind of original exhibition, I was wondering if someone would bring this type of large-scale puppet theater to the runway as it's been getting more and more popular in some drama circles. I like this notion of prototyping around himself and the large puppet as maquette for the broader collection.

Waiting for high res footage, hopefully someone shot this in motion in a similar style to the SZ stills.

The garments themselves don't look interesting yet but it seems he's hitting a personal reset before expanding. Let's see it, we can't just have Boris holding down the Moon Base every season. Not much in the way of "new object" research this time around.
              Last edited by Arkady; 06-14-2016, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• applecrisp
                • Jun 2013

I love Aitor Throup but this presentation is a disappointment for me, sorry.

I thought the last collection (the one that was produced) was a culmination of his prior 7+ years of research and development and that was the end of it. And it was great.

I was hoping this new work would be similarly rich in research and new concepts but its just a rehash of similar ideas as the last thing. Sure, there's no skulls, but it still looks like the ideas come from that same set of sketches that the last collection came from.

I guess I was hoping for something more revolutionary after having, what?, 3+ years of development time AND god-knows how much funding from all of his corporate connections. It's still cool, but it's not very exciting.

EDIT: There is a skull! Under that pigpile.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                  • May 2010

yeah a badly done super long puppet show w/ 5 adults pushing a puppet around in sportswear isnt really mindblowing or insane, the only insane thing about it is that someone paid for this puppet show... definitely was expecting better clothes and concept, i've seen better puppet shows on the streets of anywhere on earth, more than once i might add. pics are better than the show because who's spending 22 min to watch a grand total of 6 outfits? come on now...

Comment

• minhcu2805
                    • Mar 2013

So did anybody get to see it at DSM London yet?

Comment

• Nickefuge
                      • Nov 2014

I think the idea worked better on better. It was nice at first but got old pretty fast. I’m waiting/hoping to be surprised by the actual garments though.
                      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by minhcu2805 View Post
                        So did anybody get to see it at DSM London yet?
                        I'll take a look next week.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SketchingJack
                          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          I'll take a look next week.
                          what did you think?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SketchingJack View Post
                            what did you think?
                            It was certainly interesting if you looked very closely, but it lacked that mind-bending factor of Aitor's previous work.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Slub
                              • Jan 2015

I've been building puppets and messing around with puppetry, animatronics etc for years and I for one, am both stunned with the outcome of this - and mildly pissed off that someone so famous beat me to the punch. Whilst I admit that the actual number of items is incredibly small, the spectacle was very much on the ability of the large scale puppets to mimic the human body was perhaps a more apt and mobile choice to demonstrate some of the technical aspects. That said, this is much closer to a presentation on a mannequin than traditional runway, and doesn't allow such a realistic representation of the less exaggerated motion of the human body. I love it, even if its either being starry eyed for Throup's previous work, or what I used to dedicate most of my art/textile practice to fabricating.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎