X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • julian_doe
    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
    What's there to be disappointed about? I won't wear any of this, but I think it's fantastic. Super glam, beautiful in motion.
    I am not sure who is going to buy it, but I sure hope someone does.
    Also, there's always pre-co.
    After seeing the SZ photos, I see a couple of items that I like individually, such as the experimental tailoring of the blazers.

However, the minimalist approach rick has always used (which concentrates on the importance of what is there and not what/how much can added) appears to be ignored in this collection. I think that with the first look he did a great job of draping the model's outfit to make him resemble a round sea mammal, but neither the fabric nor the draping look slick (or nice at all, in my opinion). The "Drain" top which he created for Cyclops has been exaggerated to an insane level with all of the fabric wrapping around the shoulders and body. Also, from a personal level, I dislike the glam. The gold colors and the studs are something that seems very far from the Rick universe. I liked the metal plated coats from "Limo", but that is much different from these Twisted Sister cropped and studded leather bombers.

And to be honest, the pre-co is lately the only delivery from Rick which I like. That too, is disappointing.

Comment

• aussy
      • Jul 2011

The yellow and that brushed, sheer fabric are awful. I'm also not sure why he threw in that parrino colored piece. Some of the robe pieces at the end are throwaways in my opinon.

But, I love the silhouette Rick is pushing in a lot of these looks and how the jackets act like bodices for the flowing pants. The stiffer, more sculptural sleeves in some of the pieces are also nice. Also, nice to see his Gres influence at the forefront of a men's show, interested to see if he develops that more since its only dotted his men's in the past.

Sorry its not another street wear collection. Rick pushes himself to do something new almost every season and usually does so successfully. Its not my favorite collection, but look to Yohji or even BBS for a designer who prefers to tweak their signature formula.

Also, I would never call Rick a minimalist. Aside from Moody and Vicious, most of his collections have been pretty loud and oftentimes frivolous.

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

music

Comment

• stagename
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by aussy View Post
          Also, I would never call Rick a minimalist. Aside from Moody and Vicious, most of his collections have been pretty loud and oftentimes frivolous.
          I feel everything pre-2010 was pretty subdued, no?

Comment

• jogu
            • Jun 2009

man ive been out of it , busy af with work and school , this is the 1st time ive looked at this collection. music blows but i like most of the clothes and im glad hes still doing the rave trash pants, nice to see something other than skeletal legs in tight pants. ive been thinking about getting me a pair of the black mastodon ones but i want to try them on first. one thing i dont like is the cropped tops over the baggy pants. ive never liked that silhouette. also not really feeling the silky pajama weight version, i think if youre gonna do phat pants then the material should be heavier so they dont get all flimsy while walking. looks better with a denser material when they stack at the bottom imo

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by jogu View Post
              man ive been out of it , busy af with work and school , this is the 1st time ive looked at this collection. music blows but i like most of the clothes and im glad hes still doing the rave trash pants, nice to see something other than skeletal legs in tight pants. ive been thinking about getting me a pair of the black mastodon ones but i want to try them on first. one thing i dont like is the cropped tops over the baggy pants. ive never liked that silhouette. also not really feeling the silky pajama weight version, i think if youre gonna do phat pants then the material should be heavier so they dont get all flimsy while walking. looks better with a denser material when they stack at the bottom imo
              I bought the nondrawstring version, thought it was the cleanest and most versatile, and they just arrived today. They're fucking amazing, I had completely forgotten what it felt like to wear phat pants, so it's like a double dose of awesome between nostalgia and luxury. You have to have a seriously high level of not giving a fuck, though, because a) literally everyone thinks phat pants are lame and b) the pants hems are going to get fucking destroyed and it will all be your fault. It's not even a question of "oh it's just the hems" but like a good foot of the pant leg will inevitably be soaked, stained, soiled, and ripped off. The /MOP cotton is soft and stiff and stacks well when your foot hasn't slipped inside, which is always if you're moving. I'm still undecided as to what to do about the hems situation. The cotton is stiff enough that you can fold them in on themselves and they'll stay like that for a bit, so I'm doing that on Day 1 while I hand out candy on my porch, but it doesn't look nearly as cool. And I'm just rambling at this point, I'm too stoked about them, but would recommend with above caveats.

EDIT:.oops wrong season thread oh well

Edit 2: you know that feeling when it's cold and you wrap yourself up in your blanket and walk around the house with the blanket dragging everywhere and you don't care because it's so cozy? That's these pants
              Last edited by DudleyGray; 10-31-2016, 08:24 PM.
              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Lex1017
                • Jul 2015

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                I bought the nondrawstring version, thought it was the cleanest and most versatile, and they just arrived today. They're fucking amazing, I had completely forgotten what it felt like to wear phat pants, so it's like a double dose of awesome between nostalgia and luxury. You have to have a seriously high level of not giving a fuck, though, because a) literally everyone thinks phat pants are lame and b) the pants hems are going to get fucking destroyed and it will all be your fault. It's not even a question of "oh it's just the hems" but like a good foot of the pant leg will inevitably be soaked, stained, soiled, and ripped off. The /MOP cotton is soft and stiff and stacks well when your foot hasn't slipped inside, which is always if you're moving. I'm still undecided as to what to do about the hems situation. The cotton is stiff enough that you can fold them in on themselves and they'll stay like that for a bit, so I'm doing that on Day 1 while I hand out candy on my porch, but it doesn't look nearly as cool. And I'm just rambling at this point, I'm too stoked about them, but would recommend with above caveats.

EDIT:.oops wrong season thread oh well

Edit 2: you know that feeling when it's cold and you wrap yourself up in your blanket and walk around the house with the blanket dragging everywhere and you don't care because it's so cozy? That's these pants
                I am 5' 7", does that "good foot" turn into 2 in my situation?

Comment

• DudleyGray
                  • Jul 2013

I'm 5'11" so more like foot and a half, but really that doesn't matter for these pants, even the runway models are trampling the legs. Where the cargo pockets fall would probably make the biggest difference, especially if you get the ones that puff out. Even then, they're probably ridiculous enough to not matter or just a matter of styling up top.
                  bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• mamooon
                    • Jun 2015

Just in case you missed it, first Walrus-items are now already listed at the official ro-online-store, a few items are already on stock and can immediately get shipped, a few others can get pre-ordered with a planned arrival roundabout 22th of jan 17:
                    Shop the latest Rick Owens menswear, womenswear, shoes and accessories now on the official Rick Owens online store with worldwide express shipping.

Comment

• slainbabyyc
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2016

Mens tech sock runners can probably be expected for the next FW collection, if he does the same thing he did with the Moody sock Ramones and releases the men's version a year after the women's.

I wasn't sold on the daffy duck color in Faun but it looks very strong here, and I love the red stuff that's appeared on the site. I think the people who are pooh-poohing this collection and the last one are kind of missing the point; Rick has always been a rebel, and that he would rebel against the aesthetic that made him popular is proof that he's still kicking harder than ever.

Thank god he's still down to take risks and reject stagnation. The way this stuff looks now is the way Stag looked in '08. And yet, it still remains wholly within the realm of the universe he's established. If this stuff looks weird and unwearable to you, try looking back in 8 years when the rest of fashion will have presumably caught up and made it seem more acceptable.

Look at these fucking things

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎