X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • delicious_not
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by ashamed View Post
    Its amazing that you are incapable of imagining that there are people who don't share your boring fucking opinion on how to clothe themselves lol
    oh really? if you like it - go like it, i don't care. i don't need you to agree with me. we all have different opinions... chill out, dude. deep breaths.

Comment

• Vanna
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
      I did like it, actually, although I’m confused by the lack of short bottoms, although the pants do seem to be very airy.

BTW is there an after-show interview available already?
      I know a lot of short bottoms.

Anyway, I think its pretty.
      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Krull
        • Jun 2016

I think this was one of Rick's weakest collections in recent years. It's disappointing considering how amazing Sphinx and Cyclops were but at the very least we can hope that he heads more in that direction going into the future.

Comment

• Krull
          • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
          So apparently these are the new Rickdidas for SS17:

This is borderline Y-3 territory tbh...
          I saw this. I was excited for a mens version of the Women Sock Tech Runners we saw in the Mastodon show but what we're actually getting is horrific.

Comment

• upsilonkng
            • May 2010

Looking at these pics only one thing really stands out... All hope is lost.

Comment

• Lex1017
              • Jul 2015

Rick is bummed he signed a contract to have only Adidas on the runway, so he decided to bury them in trousers.

Comment

• ashamed
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
                oh really? if you like it - go like it, i don't care. i don't need you to agree with me. we all have different opinions... chill out, dude. deep breaths.
                your opinion is trying to speak for everyone where as mine is pointing out how boring u are. also i dont breathe im a data construct

Comment

• Ahimsa
                  Vegan Police
                  • Sep 2011

More on sz-mag

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• scanner
                    • Mar 2015

I think the collection is awful personally. But thats ok. Rick is tweaking trends and doing what he's always done. A decade ago when we were all lusting after his pieces, he was tweaking super conservative fashion trends, and now he's perfected his craft as a remixer and seems to be tweaking the ultra skinny cropped Hedi Slimane style with the Ultra Baggy and Wacked out Vetements hype. Next season will surely be something different. I personally wouldn't buy any of this, but i'm sure i'll look back 10 years from now thinking there were some great wearable pieces here. Nonetheless, I'm glad he offers us his timeless PreCo items.

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

When did this forum get so conservative?? I think it's gorgeous. He's reached Rei Kawakubo level where he can do whatever the fuck he wants and put sculptures down the runway because his business is secure with such a strong vocabulary of season-less pieces. And why not? Seriously, what could he put down the runway that would make you guys happy?

I'm intersted in Rick because I'm interested in modernity, new ways of looking at things, new concepts, new ideas of beauty and he more than delivers that every season. He's one of the few islands of respite from the retro eclecticism currently infecting fashion.

P.S. really like Alexander Fury's review and it says more eloquently what I am thinking
                      "The ever-implacable fashion industry is churning with change, which some hypothesize as its savior, and others as its demise. In fact, given how that chimes with the black/white, right/wrong politics dominating contemporary culture, maybe it’s symptomatic of the times in which we live. And perhaps that is why Rick Owens is rejecting it. He is a contrarian. “I don't have to do anything I don't want to,” Owens once told me, face inscrutable. “I could just burn the whole fucking place down."

Owens was talking, specifically, about his business operation, but it’s not difficult to imagine him razing fashion as a whole. That’s sometimes what it feels like watching Rick Owens’s shows, which are always remarkable. More and more, he distances himself from the rest of the industry by the rare quality that his clothes look entirely, frequently uncompromisingly new. New can mean alien, so barely do they adhere to the tenets of garment history. “They do look like something that isn’t finished,” Owens scoffed, sardonically, in his West Coast drawl, of his Spring 2017 collection. They did. But is that such a bad thing? A work in progress is better than no work at all.

That illuminated Owens’s offering, which bore some relation to fabric freely thrown around a mannequin, randomly captured, and suspended in motion. Owens cited the fine drapery of Madame Grès to describe swags of fabric hurling their way around the body. It was a rare direct fashion reference, although look hard, and you can see echoes of Grès, Charles James, and Madeleine Vionnet in Owens’s oeuvre. I’m talking specifically about his menswear there. See what I mean about new?

Owens is the only one who would assert his clothes look incomplete. For the rest of us, the unity of Owens’ vision is one of its most arresting qualities - the entirety of the Owenscorp universe. Owens himself has compared its all-encompassing nature to the lifestyle philosophy espoused Ralph Lauren. But for Spring, Owens was preoccupied by his own mistakes - the wrong right, or the right wrong, as he put it. What that lead to were garments that thrashed their way around the body, wide-cut trousers pooling, sleeves dripping off wrists, until a silhouette emerged. It was firm—gazar and duchesse satin don’t make for light wearing—high-waisted and wide-legged, sometimes emphasized by swags and globules of fabric, like eviscerated entrails. It felt different. Exciting. Owens grounded that Grès reference by comparing the twisted and pleated fabrics to muscle and tendon, like a medical diagram sketched in jersey by the great couturière. This was, simply, a redesigning not of clothes, but of the human body. That’s par for the course for Owens.

Owens related the change in fashion not to cataclysmic, seismic quakes, but to evolution: slow, deliberate, ultimately for the better, and much much deeper. It’s the way you envisage his clothing transforming, season after season, perpetuating the species of Owens rather than just painting its facade every six months. The silhouette shifts, and our perceptions change. What Owens does is most persuasive, most extraordinary, in menswear. Maybe that’s because what Owens is doing is audacious, at the very best of times. Today, it often feels like the worst of times, when the landscape of contemporary masculine attire is dominated by banality. It’s simple Darwinism. Survival of the fittest. Owens—and cockroaches—will be around long after fashion’s perhaps inevitable apocalypse. It’s difficult to think of any designer who will revel in the creative possibilities of that to a greater extent."
                      music

Comment

• darkbydesign
                        • Sep 2010

^^I agree. Posts about collections have definitely become extremely dystopian about fashion. To me, this collection is the best collection Rick has put out in a few years. I don't love the knotted draping but everything else is pretty cool and there are at least 3-4 pieces I'd really love to have like that jacket with the graphic effect alongside some of the larger pants and brown/yellow pieces that would go well with the browns and yellows in the BBS collection. I guess Rick and Boris have been having drinks?

Anyway, I enjoyed this one despite not having really loved any of the recent collections from Rick and do think it's beautiful.

Comment

• ACM
                          • Jan 2011

^Spot on casem. I think the collection is absolutely stunning and makes total sense as the next step after MASTADON. I'm sure he will change directions for Fall 17/18, as this feels like the culmination point of the last few seasons, but I honestly wouldn't mind if he didn't. This all still feels so fresh and exciting. New silhouettes, sumptuous fabrications, ridiculous volumes and proportions...incredible. SO MUCH on my wish list. I am sure many of you would not feel at home in most of these looks, but that's why there is a preco. This collection is as close to artwork as you can get in a garment.

All of this "Rick is over" bullshit is obnoxious.

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ACM View Post

All of this "Rick is over" bullshit is obnoxious.
                            i don't think rick is over. not by a long shot. i am just over rick. at least as something that i would actually wear.

at least not from the runway collection.

but at least we'll always have preco

i'll always love him it will just be as an observer 90% of the time

for the record i think this may be where rick drew his inspiration from this season. This kid

Last edited by cjbreed; 06-24-2016, 02:31 PM.
                            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Verdandi
                              • Mar 2012

I actually really like this? Minus the shoes of course and that ghastly shade of brown he is so so fond of.
                              I think the pants work a lot better here compared to the last time he tried them and the overall softness and fluidity of the silhouettes is gorgeous.

First Rick collection I like in ages and it has to be a men's one. Damn it.
                              lavender menace

Comment

• yffet
                                • Aug 2009

Lol @ fart inspiration.

Def not a big fan of this ss 17.... And those rickdidas....im done.
                                Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎