• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amulet
    • Apr 2015

Ann Demeulemeester - Men's S/S 2017

[LINK - HQ images in album]

In my opinion this is a return to form from Sebastien Meunier - all the quintessential elements of what makes Ann's "signature" look are present... there is an unmistakable feeling of strength that contrasts with the quiet, ethereal vulnerability the brand is known for.

This seems like an evolution of the breezy vision that has been projected over the last few years; whilst pulling inspiration from the past. A true salute to early 1990's Ann.

I couldn't be happier, there's a lot here I can see myself wearing.. Dare I say, I think this might be my favourite collection from Sebastian since he took the helm.
    Last edited by amulet; 06-24-2016, 04:58 PM.
  • sroreilly
    • Jul 2015

"I am red with love"

pretty much sums up my feelings. I do have a question about the foundation color of the collection as some sites(vogue) show it more grey leaning and these photos here and the ones from the ann facebook photos show it to me more blue leaning.

But pretty much everything about the collection is wonderful in my book. The tailoring, the footwear(!), the knits, the detailing(straps on the sleeves and pants), accessories. I think it was probably a pretty easy collection to style appropriately, but it was very well done I think.

Comment

• amulet
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sroreilly View Post
      "I am red with love"

pretty much sums up my feelings. I do have a question about the foundation color of the collection as some sites(vogue) show it more grey leaning and these photos here and the ones from the ann facebook photos show it to me more blue leaning.

But pretty much everything about the collection is wonderful in my book. The tailoring, the footwear(!), the knits, the detailing(straps on the sleeves and pants), accessories. I think it was probably a pretty easy collection to style appropriately, but it was very well done I think.
      Well said! There's a lot to admire in this collection! I'm especially in love the pants & those strap buckle boots, i better start saving for next year
      Last edited by amulet; 06-24-2016, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• yffet
        • Aug 2009

Really strong one. Cant stop thinking to Ss Lanvin Pirate collection from some years ago.

After that last FW show.....i am relieved
        Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

Comment

• Arkady
          • Apr 2011

Ann is never my bag, and I love this.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

My photos: http://www.sz-mag.com/news/2016/06/a...er-ss17-paris/

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

this was perhaps not revolutionary or strikingly new, but it was very strong, coherent and very Ann
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• curiouscharles
                • Jan 2008

this was a proper Ann collection, pure and simple.

everything i've been waiting for Meunier to show he was capable of producing ever since he took the reigns.

they hired a new stylist for this season's presentation, but it's not like that would have saved the show from a bad design foundation.

couldn't hide my giddy after walking out of this one, and absolutely cannot wait for the 26th as it's my only appointment that day and i'm going to fucking MILK that shit.
                —
                -

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                  this was perhaps not revolutionary or strikingly new, but it was very strong, coherent and very Ann
                  Agreed! I was very pleased.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gawkrodger
                    • Jun 2013

Fuck! thought we'd lost AD (the label) but...

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post

Comment

• jimmycs
                      • Mar 2014

Indeed, maybe not all but many attractive silhouettes with beautiful lines that are appealing to my senses.

Comment

• North
                        • Sep 2008

I think the collection is definitely a step up for him, as it's more true to the consistent image of the brand. I think one of his biggest shortcomings is that he's just not an amazing colorist. Thankfully his use of color is sparse in this collection, but that dark red with the black vest is just unforgivable to me.
                        Anyhow I definitely think this is on the right track. I have to say I don't like how his collections look on the rack, I'm in Antwerp every 4 weeks and I just can't bring myself to buy anything anymore.

Comment

• Mattiassa
                          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post

everything i've been waiting for Meunier to show he was capable of producing ever since he took the reigns.

they hired a new stylist for this season's presentation, but it's not like that would have saved the show from a bad design foundation.

couldn't hide my giddy after walking out of this one, and absolutely cannot wait for the 26th as it's my only appointment that day and i'm going to fucking MILK that shit.

How was the showroom?

Comment

• Ahimsa
                            Vegan Police
                            • Sep 2011

Ann Demeulemeester SS17 Backstage on sz-mag
                            Photography by Julien Boudet

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Ahimsa
                              Vegan Police
                              • Sep 2011