Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amulet
    • Apr 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW69Y3PkndM (fixed, thanks extreme mildness)

A beautiful video of the collection...

I'v been obsessing over those 'i am red with love' pins that were given along side the show invites.... I hope I can get my hands on one somehow! They seem like a treasure *prays*
    Last edited by amulet; 07-02-2016, 03:04 AM.

Comment

• Extreme Mildness
      • Jan 2015

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Fixed the link (same video, as far as I can tell).

Beautiful collection. My interest in fashion is recent enough that I missed Ann's glory days. But this will do just fine

Comment

• gustavobradley
        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by amulet View Post
        I'v been obsessing over those 'i am red with love' pins that were given along side the show invites.... I hope I can get my hands on one somehow! They seem like a treasure *prays*
        That sounds awesome, are there any pictures of them anywhere? I feel like invites are often one of the coolest things about the shows as a whole. It's always interesting to see how designers change them up each season.

Originally posted by Extreme Mildness View Post
        Beautiful collection. My interest in fashion is recent enough that I missed Ann's glory days. But this will do just fine
        I'm in the exact same boat. There's been pieces here and there that have been really exciting to me over the last few seasons, but I haven't seen a full collection that's this strong overall (regardless of whether or not I would personally wear it all).

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Had I known, I would have grabbed a handful of those buttons.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• amulet
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by gustavobradley View Post
            That sounds awesome, are there any pictures of them anywhere? I feel like invites are often one of the coolest things about the shows as a whole. It's always interesting to see how designers change them up each season.

Here you go! Yeah I agree, they're always interesting to see, especially when the invite turns out to have held a subtle hint towards the full collection like this one!

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Had I known, I would have grabbed a handful of those buttons.
            Oh Faust! Were the pins up for grabs at the show? (from the photos I'v seen I assumed they came attached to the invites) I don't think I remember hearing about any other merch that's been given as promo for Ann's collections before. That's super cool.

I have a feeling we'll end up seeing these pop up on grailed & the like for extortionate prices in a months time!
            Last edited by amulet; 06-29-2016, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• gustavobradley
              • Jun 2016

Here you go! Yeah I agree, they're always interesting to see, especially when the invite turns out to have held a subtle hint towards the full collection like this one!...

...I have a feeling we'll end up seeing these pop up on grailed & the like for extortionate prices in a months time!
              That's really cool, the invite looks great. I know the last few Dries Van Noten invites have had very explicit nods to the show (the process of making them gets posted on the official Instagram). I feel like there's always so much more that goes in to these shows than the general public often sees. Even seeing the shows in motion as opposed to a slideshow changes the whole thing.

The worst part is those look like something some random Tumblr kid would stick on their jean jacket regardless of if they knew it was Ann or not

Comment

• Ahimsa
                Vegan Police
                • Sep 2011

Oh Faust! Were the pins up for grabs at the show? (from the photos I'v seen I assumed they came attached to the invites) I don't think I remember hearing about any other merch that's been given as promo for Ann's collections before. That's super cool.

I have a feeling we'll end up seeing these pop up on grailed & the like for extortionate prices in a months time!
                They were in little "Ann Demeulemeester" labeled envelopes sitting on the seats. So I'm assuming a bunch of people just left them.

I'm sure all of the young fashion kids went seat scavenging for them once the show was over XD
                StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• amulet
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                  They were in little "Ann Demeulemeester" labeled envelopes sitting on the seats. So I'm assuming a bunch of people just left them.
                  Ah neat, thanks for letting me know... I wish I could have been there, I'm truely infatuated with this collection.

Did anyone have a chance to visit the showroom?

Comment

• aussy
                    • Jul 2011

Do I need to make y'all buttons? A beautiful collection, lets hope he doesn't bring back the buffalo plaid

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

They've done it before, there's been pins, last season the invite was a poster etc.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• CHammett
                        • Feb 2016

They also had a little bucket of pins at the showroom, where you could take as many as you please.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by CHammett View Post
                          They also had a little bucket of pins at the showroom, where you could take as many as you please.
                          I must have missed that.

I went to the showroom. There are nice garments to be had, but I am afraid that I must side with North here, as much as it pains me.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• negroygris
                            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                            this was perhaps not revolutionary or strikingly new, but it was very strong, coherent and very Ann

I couldn't agree more, the accessories really did it for me. The silhouette of the striped black trousers the knits and the footwear really worked well together. Sebastien Meunier really nailed it on this collection and I can absolutely see a lot of his personal styling in this collection with Ann from the 90's.
                            We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Comment

• CHammett
                              • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              I must have missed that.

I went to the showroom. There are nice garments to be had, but I am afraid that I must side with North here, as much as it pains me.
                              I did not notice it till the second time I went.

Comment

• amulet
                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                                They've done it before, there's been pins, last season the invite was a poster etc.
                                I have the set of pins that were worn on the F/W 2007 show, I wear them often.. I'd really like to get my hands on the 'I am Red With Love' pin at some point too.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎