Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Totokaelo Acquired by Herschel Supply Co.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stagename
    • Oct 2011

Totokaelo Acquired by Herschel Supply Co.

Totokaelo, the young-luxury retailer with roots in Seattle that opened an ambitious 8,400-square-foot store in New York City's Soho neighbourhood last autumn, has been purchased by Herschel Capital Co., the Vancouver-based investment division of accessories brand Herschel Supply Co., BoF has learned. As part of the deal, Totokaelo will enter into a long term operating agreement with the Richmond, Virginia-based retailer Need Supply Co., in which Herschel Capital Co. owns a minority stake. This means that Need Supply’s operations department will take over some of Totokaelo’s back-end functions, such as warehousing.

https://www.businessoffashion.com/ar...co-jill-wenger
  • Rick-A-Doodle
    • Oct 2014

Never went to the NYC one but the Seattle store has one of the best interiors I've seen. And their Rick/Ann buy was one of the best. Hopefully I don't see a bunch of backpacks in there now.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Like I said on FB, the New York store was a typical ego trip on the part of someone who would've decided against it if she'd bothered to do market research. NY retail is oversaturated. There is no way this store was going to work - it was too big, too poorly laid out, and carried too few brands. I gave it two years, but looks like trouble began mounting way before.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎