Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mortalveneer
    • Jan 2008

FS: (43, 50-52) 45 RPM, 10 Sei 0 Otto, Fear of God, Volga Volga, Rip Van Winkle

I’m willing to consider trade offers…feel free to shoot it my way (sz. 52 tops, 50 bottoms, 42/43 shoes), but since I’m trying to make space, cash rules.

All prices include shipping in the US/Canada. International shipping will be calculated at cost.

Paypal as a gift or add 4%.

For less SZ-esque designers like Cabourn, Remi Relief, Roen, etc, see HERE

-----------------

Rip Van Winkle anatomical panel construction L/S tee sz. L

RVW5.jpg

$old
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mortalveneer; 12-06-2016, 08:38 AM.
    I am not who you think I am
  • mortalveneer
    • Jan 2008

Volga Volga L/S Tee

Volga Volga’s Mikhail Panteleev and Shiori Kurushima are steeped in the traditions of high fashion that closely link Paris and Japan. Panteleev was born in Moscow into a family tradition of famous artistry, most notably painting. After studying at the Moscow Academy of Art, Panteleev’s initial productions met with critical acclaim in Russia, France, and finally, Japan, where he was discovered by Yohji Yamamoto. In Tokyo he worked for three and a half years on Yohji Yamamoto Femmes, among other creative projects. Kurushima, after graduating from Tokyo’s Bunka Fashion College studied at Ecole de la Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne in Paris. With ties to the final design team at Coco Chanel, Kurushima has multifaceted experience at fashion houses in France, South Korea, and her native Japan.

In 2000 Panteleev and Kurushima founded the brand "volga volga" While Panteleev directs the atelier, Kurushima applies her creative talents to pattern making, as well as serving as the modelist. Their Tokyo atelier has also served as the label’s flagship store since the latter opened in 2012.

Panteleev and Kurushima create “meticulously designed, easy-to-wear garments by combining various carefully selected fabrics in one piece, using three-dimensional cutting. Each piece has its own personality and texture and is hand-finished” in their Tokyo atelier. Interest from the fashion world has been immediate, for Volga Volga has shown mens and womens collection every season at Paris Fashion Week since their inception in 2001.

This piece is a linen cotton blend in a fascinating organic medium grayish blue. The colour, while not splotchy, manages a variety of organic gradients, displaying hints of teal and gray depending on the light. The piece features a number of accentuating dots that apparently correspond to points of anatomical significance (according to a friend who has some background in physiology). The piece isn't brand new, as its been worn a dozen or so times, but it has no rips, holes, tears or stains whatsoever. Volga Volga retail is easily $300+ for tees like this now, so get a deal here.

Shoulder to shoulder: 21 inches
    Armpit to armpit: 21.5 inches
    Length: 30 inches
    Sleeve length: 28.5 inches

IMG_4124.jpg

IMG_4125.jpg

IMG_4130.jpg

IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4135.jpg

$70 >>> $40
    Last edited by mortalveneer; 01-21-2017, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• mortalveneer
      • Jan 2008

10 Sei 0 Otto tree shoes sz. 41 (42) Unworn (but high altitude tree-aged)

Interesting pair of 10 Sei 0 Otto derbies. For the full story of their provenance, see here: http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...oe-competition

TL:DR version? I got two pair of these in sz. 42, wore the hell out of one pair, and encaged the other pair in steel wire, placing them exposed to the elements at about 9000 feet altitude in a pine tree facing east. I took this pair down after several years, and had them reconditioned, and soled with rubber. To my dismay, they shrunk about a size while exposed to the element, and now would work for a 41 or 41.5, maybe a 42. I’m a 42.5-43 and these are definitely too small. My loss is your gain, and getting them heavily re-conditioned and soled was $80 alone…retail was around $480 iirc. Would love these to go to an interested and loving home given their unique provenance, but they just don’t fit me and are taking up space in my tiny closet…

I tried to take a number of photos with different cameras/angles/lighting to show how interesting of a color and patina these shoes developed while being exposed to the elements for two years.

10Sei0Otto1.jpg

10Sei0Otto2.jpg

10Sei0Otto4.jpg

10Sei0Otto6.jpg

10Sei0Otto7.jpg

$240 >>> $160

Comment

• mortalveneer
        • Jan 2008

R by 45 RPM L/S loopwheeled cotton tee sz. 5

45 RPM stores wash garments after receiving them, both to remove unwanted wrinkles from shipping, but also to ensure their pieces hold up to initial washing. This type of quality control highlights the ethos that infuses 45 RPM pieces, from basic cotton t-shirts to hand-dyed natural indigo denim.

From the 45 RPM website:

“This classical fit t-shirt uses Zimbabwe cotton. Zimbabwean cotton, regarded as one of the finest cottons in the world, is becoming even scarcer as fewer farmers grow the plant. However, we continue to use the long staple cotton, only buying from farmers who grow organically and who pick by hand rather than machine. We use finer threads for the neck area than for the body in order to achieve a flat fit around the neck. The stitches on the edges are very fine to assure elegance, comfort and durability. Our dying technique brings the t-shirt soft and gentle colors which will look even better after many washes. Every time you wash it in cold water and hang it to dry under the sun, it brings back the freshness just like picked vegetables. Our t-shirt will be a bold accent in your closet for a long time.”

This black t-shirt has been worn and washed lovingly, so it doesn’t look brand new, but still has years of wear left to it. The piece is accented with red stitching around the neck, and in the signature R seen embroidered near the hemline. I’ve got far too many casual items for this to get any wear, so get a deal here.

Shoulder to shoulder: 21.5 inches
        Pit to pit: 22 inches
        Length: 30 inches
        Sleeve length: 28 inches

45RPM1.jpg

45RPM2.jpg

45RPM3.jpg

45RPM4.jpg

$65 >>> $35

Comment

• mortalveneer
          • Jan 2008

FOG henley

In developing his label Fear of God, Jerry Lorenzo has come into his own with an unmistakable aesthetic, which he labels “chic grunge.” Lorenzo’s focus on rock and roll and religion as core inspirations is hard to miss, but he blends these themes into garments whose simplicity belies the underlying attention paid to design, materials and construction. Fear of God fearlessly updates traditional grunge staples with cunning layering and oversized silhouettes (if only Cobain were around to model!). The label gained considerable fame after garnering a nod from Kanye, who added Lorenzo to the group of creative minds behind Yeezy in 2013. Fear of God situates its aesthetic at the intersection of luxury and streetwear. Lorenzo conceives of the label as having a “street” origin: Lorenzo didn’t go to fashion school, has no experience in fashion houses, and brings no formal design background to the table. Lorenzo describes his process as very much trial-and-error, just getting his hands dirty with fabric from shops in L.A. and seeing how things emerged from his drive to bring new expressions of the inevitability of darkness to today’s younger generations. So while influenced by street style in its origin, the label ably spans the gap to the high end from its use of ultra-luxe fabrics, constructed by the best sewers in LA, with impeccable standards of quality and attention to detail.

This Henley is no exception to these standards, with a sturdy cotton lightly washed to an ideal softness, and well finished collar, buttons and seams. The piece is BNWT and has sat in my closet since it was acquired upon release. Too many garments and a new office job mean I’ve got to downsize and shed the items I admire but never get around to wearing. Get a serious deal here.

Measurements (meant to be worn oversized)
          Shoulder to shoulder: 22 inches
          Pit to pit: 23.5 inches
          Length: 33.5 inches
          Sleeve length: 28 inches

FOG1.jpg

FOG2.jpg

FOG3.jpg

FOG4.jpg

$90 >>> $60

Comment

• mortalveneer
            • Jan 2008

BUMP

Throw me some offers...

Comment

• mortalveneer
              • Jan 2008

bump for monster price drops...need space in my closet