Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Your last music purchase

I love that I don't know a single name on these lists! Always something to discover.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Latest pick ups

Vinyl

Boyd Rice / Frank Tovey - Easy Listening For The Hard Of Hearing
    Elektroplasma - Carnage Room
    LÝchryre - Exiled From The Mortal Realm
    Gerechtigkeits Liga ‎ľ Hypnotischer Existenzialismus
    Boy Dirt Car ‎ľ Winter
    Interference - Interference
    Stickhead - World's Hardest Kotzaak
    PTP - Rubber Glove Seduction
    Various - Music In The World Of Islam, 2: Lutes
    Omar Santana - Mind Ripper
    DJ Scud & Christoph Fringeli - Bodysnatcher
    Lumpy And The Dumpers - Those Pickled Fuckers
    Rattenk÷nig - Verses Of Decadence
    Juggernaut - Got 2B A Ruffneck !
    Laura Grabb - Wave Mixing
    Mark Hawkins - Test Bottle Damage EP
    Slaughter Politics - Slaughter Politics
    Jacinthebox - Incomplete 1984/86
    Caspar Br÷tzmann / Peter Br÷tzmann - Last Home
    Palais Schaumburg - Palais Schaumburg
    Elliott Sharp - In The Land Of The Yahoos
    Disgrace - Grey Misery
    Various - Computer Music - Hungaroton
    Current 93 - The Light Is Leaving Us All
    Franšois Bayle - The Bird, The Singer
    Pierre Henry - Le Voyage
    Venedae - Venedae
    Agalirept - Wieki Minione

Cassette:

Shawty Pimp - ...Still Comin' Real
    LÝchryre / Solemn Hold - LÝchryre / Solemn Hold
    Ocean Floor - Redland
    Penelope's Fiance - Self Taught Lies
    Ludgate Squatter - LF002
    Dame Area - Estßs en un sue˝o
    Broshuda - You'll Always Stay Beautiful
    The Well - Possibility Foam
    Jim Reeve-Baker - Discourse
    Four-Footed - Four-Footed
    GOLPE EROTICO - INSTRUMENTOS DE DEFENSA
    Obsidian Teeth - Pius Rebus

CD:

Hermann Nitsch - Orgien Mysterien Theater - Musik der 135. Aktion, Kuba
    Various - Thunderdome VII - Injected With Poison
    Various - Thunderdome IV - The Devil's Last Wish

/\ I like how I don't know anything on that list. And by "latest" what period of time are you implying?!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    /\ I like how I don't know anything on that list. And by "latest" what period of time are you implying?!
    It's basically just all the stuff that's in the section where I keep all the new stuff that's not been sorted into my own collection which would normally be maybe a few weeks of purchases

That said to be honest as it's got a load of stuff that I had out to play whilst DJing at a club night so it actually might include stuff I got through February too by accident.

Couple bits are from people that played at a night me and mates put on and some from a mates label I got kinda cheap as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfSchwet View Post
    It's basically just all the stuff that's in the section where I keep all the new stuff that's not been sorted into my own collection which would normally be maybe a few weeks of purchases

That said to be honest as it's got a load of stuff that I had out to play whilst DJing at a club night so it actually might include stuff I got through February too by accident.

Couple bits are from people that played at a night me and mates put on and some from a mates label I got kinda cheap as well.
    Cool. I'll give these a whirl.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Nasir - Nas on Lp. Imo the best rap album (besides Daytona) to release in 2018.
    Also bought Pet shop boys - Undertow remix record. There is a remix by Baba Stilz on there which is mad nice. Saw him live 2 days ago, he is super talented.

So this week I got

Various - The Gift Of Noise - L'Invitation au Suicide

1983 compilation of punk/industrial etc. Highlights are the Smersh tracks and the whole of No Trend's Teen Love EP being included on the b-side

Various ‎– Dry Lungs IV

1989 compilation of noise, industrial and other related genres compiled by Paul from Controlled Bleeding. Alongside Controlled Bleeding themselves you have Gerogerigegege, Dissecting Table and a bunch of others too

Zad Kokar & Les Combi Beyaz - Les 3 Gueules Au Matin Du Monde#

One man No Wave band I saw the other week with some extra drums and stuff on here. Fun dance-able stuff (for the genre) with a mixture of blunt riffy guitar parts and then outbursts of noisy metallic slide work that sounds more like Arto back in the early DNA days plus some quirky vocals

No Safety Pin Sex - No Safety Pin Sex E.P.

Alec Empire under an alias n the late 90s. Classic Destroyer album style breaks + distortion stuff

Corpses As Bedmates - Venus Handcuffs'

Gothy 1980s stuff. Goes between cool miserable ugly dirges and then kind of not as good stuff that's like slow death rock with dodgy off key vocals. Some interesting sounds overall on it though and fairly broad instrumentation

Ascension - Two Titles

Noise/very abstract and most likely free improv noise rock on guitar and drums including one of Skullflower as one half of them (not the dodgy one).

Kinlaw, Franco Franco ‎– Mezzi Umani Mezze Macchine

Heard this a billion times as it's by mates and I'm vaugely affiliated with ATC but I now have a finally have a physical copy myself. Hard industrial rap most obvious comparison would be like a modern Italian trap version of Techno Animal but the Death Crips, B L A C K I E, Clipping etc. crowd should be into it too.

The Shrubs - Blackmailer

Not heard this but it was recorded at Cold Storage (the This Heat studios) and it was ú2

Various ‎– (sī'kə-děl'īk) Volume One

Another blind purchase but it's got John Wiese, The Haters and Contagious Orgasm on it and they're all cool

Various - Gooseweek

7" of noise, weird sample collage, noise rock, whatever with Prick Decay, Neil Campbell and Tea Culture