Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

For me, the best iteration of this wraped/draped/sculptural direction was the last collection (SS 17), it gets a bit heavy with winter weight fabrics. Still, I like that Rick keeps trucking in IDGAF mode and there's some nice stuff here, especially liking the olive colored tops and jackets.

This quote from Charlie Porter's interview for the Financial times is golden:
    And what about those shrugs? Do they unravel, or are they secured as garments like that? “It’s like that,” he said. “You can wear them over the down coat you just bought from Balenciaga. You can put mine on top and...” He pauses. “Dominate it.”
    music

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by stemcell View Post
      What'd the invite look like this year?
      And if anyone finds any video interviews about the collection please share.
      Thick black leather stitched through and a D-ring in the middle
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stemcell
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by casem View Post
        For me, the best iteration of this wraped/draped/sculptural direction was the last collection (SS 17), it gets a bit heavy with winter weight fabrics. Still, I like that Rick keeps trucking in IDGAF mode and there's some nice stuff here, especially liking the olive colored tops and jackets.

This quote from Charlie Porter's interview for the Financial times is golden:
        And what about those shrugs? Do they unravel, or are they secured as garments like that? “It’s like that,” he said. “You can wear them over the down coat you just bought from Balenciaga. You can put mine on top and...” He pauses. “Dominate it.”
        !!!!!!!

Comment

• MSMMode
          • Oct 2015

For every season I'm always in shock. Why did he do this, why did he do that. The way he styled the models are always going to be for the show, always takes it to the next step. As the shock wears off that's when you understand the background ideas of the collection means and that what makes you love it or hate it. Ether way this collection and passed collections will have garments that will be good and not so good (depends on the perspective) but another well written chapter RO

Comment

• stemcell
            • Jul 2011

Short interview clip.

Comment

• goldsamxo
              • Jan 2017

I don't want to say too many negatives on this Season yet,as it may be an acquired taste - but my first impression was dislike. There's just something very unlikeable about these outfits / silhouettes. Maybe it's my current fashion-taste? Maybe it's just something shocking that I need to get used to, I truly have no idea.. Really hoping I can muster up some praise for this eventually.
              Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
              Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by goldsamxo View Post
                I don't want to say too many negatives on this Season yet,as it may be an acquired taste - but my first impression was dislike. There's just something very unlikeable about these outfits / silhouettes. Maybe it's my current fashion-taste? Maybe it's just something shocking that I need to get used to, I truly have no idea.. Really hoping I can muster up some praise for this eventually.
                You don't need to praise this. The only thing to do is to explain why you dislike it. That's what this forum is for.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

Also, if you read up on Rick's intentions your dislike might be exactly the point of this collection.
                  Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• stemcell
                    • Jul 2011

I hope for womens we see the wrapped balloon shrugs made from fur, and jersey in lieu of down filled nylon. Wouldn't that just be delightfully unnecessary.

I noticed one of the mens jackets, with the giant full body pockets on the front, appears that one of those pockets might be lined/made from with fur. It sure looks like the back of fur hides and fur stitching. So funny if that's the case.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                      • Sep 2010

Ugh.... Not great for me either. Looks like goth ravers who woke up tied up in their sleeping bags. Thank goodness for BBS.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by stemcell View Post
                        I hope for womens we see the wrapped balloon shrugs made from fur, and jersey in lieu of down filled nylon. Wouldn't that just be delightfully unnecessary.

I noticed one of the mens jackets, with the giant full body pockets on the front, appears that one of those pockets might be lined/made from with fur. It sure looks like the back of fur hides and fur stitching. So funny if that's the case.
                        That is the case, indeed. What's even more decadent, Rick is launching Hun for men. I am sure Kanye West ordered one of each.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stemcell
                          • Jul 2011

Dreams... I'll... be sure to... pick up... one in... every color, a few weekend furs, a few mid morning lounging furs, a grocery shopping alligator jacket, and maybe something with python for trips to the post office.

Comment

• stemcell
                            • Jul 2011

has he released the mink toilet paper yet?

Comment

• stemcell
                              • Jul 2011

Has anyone had a chance to see the jumpsuits in person? I was wondering are they double layered, with a simple tunic top attached at the waist— is that how they all stayed up unzipped and falling off on the runway? This is how it appears to be pulling and sitting, as if it is attached at a seam around the waistline.

Faust do you remember seeing in the showroom, or anyone else?

Comment

• vah
                                • Aug 2016

Not seen them in person yet (think they've not arrived even?), but looked at line sheets in store and talked to the staff and the tunic is as you say attached to the jumpsuits.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎