• Show
Clear All
  • Mascarar
    • May 2015

Boris Bidjan Saberi Men's FW17

http://nowfashion.com/boris-bidjan-s...17-paris-20733
  • TriggerDiscipline
    • Apr 2013

I really enjoyed the new styles, I see that BBS is stepping up to some warmer things, not sure how I like the fur, probably too expensive for civilians like myself but could be really nice IRL.

also really strong pant game this season, more than usual. If you look at squadron several styles are pantless, so its nice to see so many options.

I like the ice climb theme going on.
    Originally posted by unwashed
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Originally posted by Ahimsa
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Arkady
      • Apr 2011

Right, post-apocalyptic mountain climbing with inuit and nordic elements. I'm fairly aroused right now.

Can't say I've ever wanted a cropped jacket before, those look very interesting and it seems some may have a zip-out liner or coat. Some spectacular longer leathers and coats as well.

Anyone catch the name? This seems to be in the same narrative timeline as Post-humanism, where that collection was more southern / desert survival this depicts how the northerners are faring in the affluent apocalypse.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
        Right, post-apocalyptic mountain climbing with inuit and nordic elements. I'm fairly aroused right now.

Can't say I've ever wanted a cropped jacket before, those look very interesting and it seems some may have a zip-out liner or coat. Some spectacular longer leathers and coats as well.

Anyone catch the name? This seems to be in the same narrative timeline as Post-humanism, where that collection was more southern / desert survival this depicts how the northerners are faring in the affluent apocalypse.
        yeah I am very interested in the cropped, never wanted one before until now, just interested to see how its supposed to be worn, does not look like a singular outer piece.
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Ahimsa
          Vegan Police
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
          I really enjoyed the new styles, I see that BBS is stepping up to some warmer things, not sure how I like the fur, probably too expensive for civilians like myself but could be really nice IRL.

I like the ice climb theme going on.
          It's goat fur, so relatively inexpensive comparatively.

Also, make sure you check out the shoe game of doom cleats so you can scale a glacier.
          StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Arkady
            • Apr 2011

I hope the boots come with removable cramp-ons, this might be new territory for artisanal fashion.

Comment

• blackdeath
              • Apr 2016

beautiful collection from boris. the goat fur jackets are sublime. seemingly the only designer to not quite care about hitting trends but sticking to his guns as a designer.

Comment

• Resonkuken
                • Oct 2012

With Julius shifting as they did I´m glad to see Boris sticking to his game. Great collection. Hope to see the ice climbing footwear in detail, and everything. Something there is a must cop, just don´t know what yet.

Comment

• aussy
                  • Jul 2011

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                  yeah I am very interested in the cropped, never wanted one before until now, just interested to see how its supposed to be worn, does not look like a singular outer piece.
                  Seriously, BBS's outerwear layering continues to be impressive and also very practical/realistic ( especially when compared to the vision that many other designers push as winter wear). He's one of the few designers that have made me want to wear a vest, vest bag, etc.

Comment

• negroygris
                    • Aug 2013

I think this is very strong collection for Boris. This is way better than last season, the white jacket on look 4 is cut so well.
                    We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Comment

• Ahimsa
                      Vegan Police
                      • Sep 2011

Comment

• Ahimsa
                        Vegan Police
                        • Sep 2011

Comment

• naturalalmonds
                          • Sep 2013

FW17 is titled Anchorism.

Following on a SS17 collection set against a harsh climatic backdrop, Boris Bidjan Saberi again anchors his creativity in extreme environmental conditions.

The radicalism of his experiments and the complex treatments to which he subjects his pieces appear here as the result of a very personal reinterpretation of the practice of extreme ice climbing. A practice, undertaken by the designer himself, that guides the aesthetic and functional development of the collection.

A mineral palette appears in dark silhouettes composed of carefully researched clothing and accessories crafted with meticulous attention to detail. These pieces are distinctly tailored to respond to all the needs that may arise while ascending, traversed by mountaineering-like straps and harnesses that punctuate the anatomy of these climbers.

Tone on tone or contrasting, the garments subtly utilize the selected materials. Through this play between opposing textures and a layered system of superimposition, we are reminded of the complex patterns and colors of a mountainous strata.

Classics of the brand such as re-interpreted military trench coats, reversible parkas, and handcrafted dropcrotch pants meet hybrid vest-jackets and multi-use harnessed pants. These multifunctional garments reveal pragmatic elements: optional pockets, removable linings and adjustable straps and lengths.

Hand-knit jumpers adorned with vertebral braids recall the graphic aesthetic of climbing knots. Down jackets, a first for the designer, are created using a new technology of aggregate goose down fabric. When layered over technical seamless jerseys, the winter wardrobe is complete. These new garments round out an innovative and technical collection, nonetheless crafted with the artisanal knowledge of the House.

The experimental taste of Saberi finds itself in the development of very singular leathers. Vegetable tanned cow stomach and intestine skins constitute the raw material for gloves and raincoats. These unusual materials possess unexpected visual and tactile qualities, recalling in their own way the geometric surfaces of the climbing walls.

The almost lithic finishes of the collection add nuance to the pieces. Sometimes waxed, sometimes mattified, these treatments strengthen the hold of the cottons, wools, leathers and other organic materials predominant this season.

The designer, through detailed analysis, engages with every element implemented and constituting the climbing practice.

This in depth research, highlighted by the silhouettes presented for AW17, is also reflected in the second collaboration with the mountain brand Salomon. Benefiting from a technicality unrivaled in the field, the collaboration includes four models of footwear, varying in function: One pair of mountaineering boots, made for the mainline, are constructed using leather and wool, and feature removable crampons. The three others, created for the additional line 11 by Boris Bidjan Saberi, include one exclusive Speedcross 3, a pair of military boots, and a model seamingly more uban boots with a double fastening system.
                          I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by negroygris View Post
                            I think this is very strong collection for Boris. This is way better than last season, the white jacket on look 4 is cut so well.
                            YES! Cut 4 was when the sharp intake of breath happened for me. Love that white jacket.

Comment

• Baddog10
                              • Jul 2015

Yes agree good strong collection , I am assuming pic 4 along with the w/coat and full length coat are the down filled items ? Love the double laced boots also !

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎