• Ahimsa
    Vegan Police
    • Sep 2011

Iris van Herpen S/S17 Haute Couture - Paris

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

This was a really strong, ethereal collection. Some new silhouettes as well, and Iris needs to continue in that direction.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sombre
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      This was a really strong, ethereal collection. Some new silhouettes as well, and Iris needs to continue in that direction.
      I thought the same. I love her sculptural 3-D printed work, but it was getting to the point where she needed to show something new to demonstrate the range of her talent. And although a lot of haute couture is (traditionally) for show, you do need to show some beautiful dresses for starlets and socialites to fawn over.

I think this collection did a great job at hinting strongly at that sculptural base she's developed so well, while introducing some softer, more approachable silhouettes.
      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• SafetyKat
        • Aug 2014

Anyone know the details for the wavy paper (I think) dresses? The movement down the runway looked out of this world.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SafetyKat View Post
          Anyone know the details for the wavy paper (I think) dresses? The movement down the runway looked out of this world.
          It's laser cut mylar. It really was mesmerizing on the runway!
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎