• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Raf Simons F/W 2017

Video on Raf's website. What do you think? I thought it was a fine collection, but nothing impactful.

I dont want to show clothes, I want to show my attitude, my past, present and future. I use memories and future visions and try to place them in todays world.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

I think the collection is just OK. I like the silhouette of the I <3 NYC sweaters but wish they didn't have the text. Take away the styling tricks and it's a pretty basic collection. Still it's exciting to have Raf in NYC and I look forward to what comes next!
    music

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

i think his presence will do well for NYMFW....
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

I've really enjoyed his last few collections but this felt somewhat flat and more like a sketch than something fully realised. And I just cannot get past how terrible the shoes are ( and Raf has done some terrible footwear in the past). Entire lower half of all looks remind me of badly dressed lanky junior accountants.
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Erich Fromm
          • May 2017

I really really disliked this show. A lot of it seems gimmicky to me, like those weird tape belt things. Like casem said, without the styling the collection is very basic and even the more interesting cuts don't seem like anything new. The styling of those sweaters feels very forced to make it look "high fashiony". Obviously I can't judge the quality but I would assume its of similar mediocrity as his recent collections. It just feels bland to me.

With Raf's immense workload, at CK and his own brand, I suppose it's understandable that everything starts looking the same.
          Last edited by Erich Fromm; 05-19-2017, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎