X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SafetyKat
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by clamence View Post
    That is the failing that one can more easily ascribe to so-called "maximalist" works (A la Vetements, Hood By Air, OFF-WHITE, etc) for the fact that once a graphical element is introduced, it often eliminates some of the universality or subjectivity to the value of the clothes, instead becoming a proclamation of what the piece is to mean, or how it is to be interpreted.
    Well said. I thought about your post while I was watching Tim's take on the most recent Versace collection. Maybe i'm deviating a little on the subject of this thread, but I find it an amusing trend when certain types of maximalism breeds substantial vapidness and insincerity in all other areas besides the visual spectacle.

Faust I didn't necessarily agree with your article on politics and fashion until I saw what Donetalla had to say about her newest collection, phew...

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      My biggest problem here is that Raf is not a womenswear designer. He never was. I don't know why fashion won't just recognize that and leave him the fuck alone. Well, I know why - money - but still....
      Agreed, but i think this matters less in an age of separates, and after all, he can always hire someone to 'consult' on dresses etc.
      I think the fit is great, we'll see how it pans out
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎