Vegan Police
    • Sep 2011

Dries Van Noten F/W17 Women's - Paris

More on SZ-MAG
    StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Our photos are certainly way better than those on Vogue. For once I must say that overall I did not like this that much - though, of course, there are some brilliant pieces mixed in there.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• david s
      • Jul 2010

I like it, not as strong as some of his past collections, particularly the past F/W for women...but even if it is reinterpreting old themes it still pushes his design aesthetic forward.

At least it's not a lot of Monroe prints on sweaters and t-shirts.

Just sayin'
      It's absolutely Hedious!
      shy poser

Comment

• chanelai
        • Sep 2015

I agree, SZ's photos made me like the collection much more than Vogue's. You guys actually utilize the power of an image and bend it to an eye that focuses on the clothes and what's overlooked, providing a different angle that captures a sort of need-to-pause moment, making one give the collection a second look after initially dismissing it. All achieved through a few photos. Much appreciate it.

I also didn't love the overall collection but really liked a few pieces, particularly the coats/jackets. Really, only Dries could make a direct overlay cut of abstraction, geometric shapes, or both over a contrasting floral-lush or optical print work. Let alone making it in any way appealing. He still makes you reevaluate preconceived notions of what does and doesn't work. The more I look at the collection, the more it grows on me.

What pieces did you like?

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎