• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Uma Wang FW17

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Comment

• rider
          eyes of the world
          • Jun 2009

thank you for posting this. truly. Anyone that has been fortunate enough to experience the textiles that Uma uses certainly appreciates this more than ever. What an entry into Paris! The velvet's are going to be sultry and weighted, embedded with the integrity she instills into everything. The lace, used so tastefully full on and as a print (it appears). the mocha silks are going to be gorgeous. I want to melt into it, its so down to earth.

Comment

• goldsamxo
            • Jan 2017

The color palette is absolutely beautiful. I would love to see a male outfit with some of these pieces. Can't wait for places like Atelier to stock this collection so I can check it out. Stunning.
            Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
            Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

It took a lot of convincing (on my part as well) to get Uma to move the show to Paris, and I am glad she did. She deserves to be there. A gorgeous, sumptuous, collection.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

agreed with everyone, this was beautiful, my favorite thing I've seen this season.

I totally missed that she moved the show until some showroom photos started showing up.

some additional shots which I really enjoyed:

via Project 3.14

Comment

• Mojo1990
                  • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  It took a lot of convincing (on my part as well) to get Uma to move the show to Paris, and I am glad she did. She deserves to be there. A gorgeous, sumptuous, collection.
                  But when was the last time any of us saw women wear refined elegant clothing like this? Women in the UK wear yoga pants with torn slits at the knee. The more more torn the pants the more ravishing the sex appeal.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Mojo1990 View Post
                    But when was the last time any of us saw women wear refined elegant clothing like this? Women in the UK wear yoga pants with torn slits at the knee. The more more torn the pants the more ravishing the sex appeal.
                    Well, that's a whole other conversation about the casualisation of dress, what constitutes sex appeal, and so on. Maybe worth its own thread.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
                      eyes of the world
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Mojo1990 View Post
                      I wear my Uma with torn jeans and when I play dress up. Her textiles are very elegant indeed but the form is bewitchingly casual.

Comment

• byhand
                        • Dec 2011

I love the Wang lazy regal vibe. She's doing women's clothing like no one else. I wish her men's line captured a bit more of the panache seen in her designs for women. Should I ever start cross dressing, I'm living in this stuff.

Comment

• mne
                          • Mar 2016

Originally posted by byhand View Post
                          I love the Wang lazy regal vibe. She's doing women's clothing like no one else. I wish her men's line captured a bit more of the panache seen in her designs for women. Should I ever start cross dressing, I'm living in this stuff.
                          how about ziggy chen to fulfil your menswear panache needs ? To me creatively they're like husband and wife ;)

Comment

• byhand
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by mne View Post
                            how about ziggy chen to fulfil your menswear panache needs ? ;)
                            I've tried working Ziggy into my wardrobe. I find that his stuff doesn't mesh well with other items in my closet, and it can be difficult to put together a slammin' fit with Ziggy unless you are full-on Ziggy in layers, and that's not always easy to accomplish as the retail buyers don't dive deeply with their buys. I'm working on it. I'm thinking about visiting the flagship where I will have access to it all. There is a guy on grailed who wears women's Uma to various results. He's kinda my hero at the moment. I almost bought a long Uma skirt a couple years ago but it wasn't quite long enough on me. I mean the ankles have to be covered - I'm Victorian like that.

Comment

• mne
                              • Mar 2016

Originally posted by byhand View Post
                              I've tried working Ziggy into my wardrobe. I find that his stuff doesn't mesh well with other items in my closet, and it can be difficult to put together a slammin' fit with Ziggy unless you are full-on Ziggy in layers, and that's not always easy to accomplish as the retail buyers don't dive deeply with their buys. I'm working on it. I'm thinking about visiting the flagship where I will have access to it all. There is a guy on grailed who wears women's Uma to various results. He's kinda my hero at the moment. I almost bought a long Uma skirt a couple years ago but it wasn't quite long enough on me. I mean the ankles have to be covered - I'm Victorian like that.

yeah, I know where you're coming from with the whole full on Ziggy or no Ziggy at all. I guess some designers aren't meant to coexist with others within the same outfit. And Kudos to the 'Uma skirt guy'.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎