X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Law
    • Dec 2013

Givenchy Announces Clare Waight Keller as Artistic Director

An interesting appointment to say the least, although quite a paradox. On one hand it's ostensibly the safe and vanilla choice, but on the other hand she's the opposite of the kitsch mega dog prints and the hip hop-instagram culture asthetic which was so successful financially for the brand. Interesting to see how it pans out.

• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Interesting, indeed. Let's see how she fares. No more $700 t-shirts, please.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Anton
      • Oct 2014

Hopefully this will be a breath of fresh air. Although some of Ricardos casual creations were nice, I had enough of overpriced and overhyped sweatshirts, t's and such.
      I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
      My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

this is an interesting change

the house has an history of Flamboyant male designers from Hubert Givenchy H\himself to Galliano, then McQueen to Julien McDonald, then Tisci.

At one point they wanted to hire Alaia but he rejected the Job, After McQueen, Theyskens at the height of his powers was basically handed the Job but lost it as rumors said he demanded too much in terms of compensation.

Hiring a woman is a first for the house, but nothing wrong with that, I just dont know if the style matches. Maybe they want to move the house in another direction.
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎