X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goldsamxo
    • Jan 2017

Hood by Air announces 'Hiatus'

Not the typical Style Zeitgeist thread, but I was shocked hearing about this. I guess the HBA appeal has worn off after years. With Oliver going to Helmut now (yay....), seems the brand had nothing left going for them. Might make certain people on this board happy.

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2017/04/...by-air-hiatus/
    Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
    Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

this industry and a lot of its players are in deed shit.
    anyone who thinks otherwise is either crazy or delusional.
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Not shocked at all. Everyone knew it was the flavor of the day. Every hypebeast has moved on to Rubchinskiy/Vetements/Off-White, and will probably move on to something else in couple of years. Oddly enough, I think Off-White will outlive them all, because there is no design there at all, which is most digestible for the masses.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• goldsamxo
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Not shocked at all. Everyone knew it was the flavor of the day. Every hypebeast has moved on to Rubchinskiy/Vetements/Off-White, and will probably move on to something else in couple of years. Oddly enough, I think Off-White will outlive them all, because there is no design there at all, which is most digestible for the masses.
        I'm waiting for the Helmut Lang / Off-White collab to be pumped into Barneys in 12 months
        Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
        Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by goldsamxo View Post
          I'm waiting for the Helmut Lang / Off-White collab to be pumped into Barneys in 12 months
          They have already had this collab out with Travis Scott, I'm not sure how to take Helmut Lang serious anymore. But then again since he left the label it has always been very mediocre imo.

Comment

• blackdeath
            • Apr 2016

HBA guys are very hard to work with. i wont say much else but the way it is/was run this does not come off as a shock that they are making this call. A new line from the HBA team was shown during NYFW but i think they want to remain anonymous to keep some mystery to the new label and distance themselves from HBA so i wont mention the brands name but it's pretty obvious. the subsequently created a new market for fast fashion with a high fashion price point (all of those brands faust has mentione fall under this umbrella). you wouldnt believe the amount of these clothes that wind up in 2nd hand consignment stores around the city. moving on.
            Last edited by blackdeath; 04-13-2017, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• SafetyKat
              • Aug 2014

This seems like an odd change from a creative director to an "Editor" or whatever Oliver's official title is over at HL. Just my guess, but i see a lot of collaborations for them in the future. Otherwise I have no idea what HL is aiming for in the long run.Any word from our dear Alexandre?

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by SafetyKat View Post
                This seems like an odd change from a creative director to an "Editor" or whatever Oliver's official title is over at HL. Just my guess, but i see a lot of collaborations for them in the future. Otherwise I have no idea what HL is aiming for in the long run.Any word from our dear Alexandre?
                I dont think Alexandre is still working there
                this is the state of fashion now, where everything is jumbled and lumped together and there are very little true creators with artistic integrity and vision

Comment

• blackdeath
                  • Apr 2016

the actual creators conversation is very important with the changing fashion landscape. there's companies in talks of never hiring an actual creator and instead moving towards an ever revolving door of guest editors. social media will be the death of integrity within fashion houses and there will be a price to pay long term.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by blackdeath View Post
                    the actual creators conversation is very important with the changing fashion landscape. there's companies in talks of never hiring an actual creator and instead moving towards an ever revolving door of guest editors. social media will be the death of integrity within fashion houses and there will be a price to pay long term.

Because fashion has moved from selling products for customers to build a personal image to selling an image as the product.
                    And since its about selling an image, no wonder people have no qualms about buying fake shit than appreciating the genuine article. Fashion houses are giving them fake creators and being legit
                    its bullshit. We live in a sick empty age.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                      Vegan Police
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                      I dont think Alexandre is still working there
                      this is the state of fashion now, where everything is jumbled and lumped together and there are very little true creators with artistic integrity and vision
                      Yes, I believe Alexandre has left the house.

Some of this might have to do with Andrew Rosen as well. He has stakes in Helmut Lang, Theory, and rag & bone. I've heard rumors of him wanting to combine them into an American conglomerate to combat the European ones. Whether or not Uniqlo would let go of the former is up to debate.
                      StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Andrew has had his time, and now it's time to retire before he runs everything he has built into the ground.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                          Vegan Police
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Andrew has had his time, and now it's time to retire before he runs everything he has built into the ground.
                          He just setup an office in rag & bone so wondering what he's scheming.
                          StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎