X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MetroBulotDodo
    • Oct 2010

E's Excellent Article on Rei Kawakubo's "Children."

E's excellent, detail-filled article on the designers mentored to success by Rei Kawakubo, ultimately taking the helm at other internationally viable lines, i.e. Sacai, or through lines developed under the CDG flagship label, such as her most successful student, Junya Watanabe.

A must-read for those who wish to understand the relationships of designers who share not only a common background, having come into themselves under Rei's tutelage, and who are allowed to make use and alter a vast library of shared visual motifs within their own work as part of the privilege of being part of the elite within the Comme des Garcons family.

MBD
    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Ah, thank you, darling, for unearthing it. It was a complicated piece to write given dealing with multiple parties in the CDG camp and school. They are not the most talkative bunch.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎