X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shhorn
    • Sep 2016

SHHORN

Hi All, it has taken a while mentally for me to post this, and I am hoping it is well received and feedback can help us make better pieces and more incredible stories. SHHORN is a practice from Sydney (Australia) immersed in the hand building of garments. The team is made of myself, Sean the pattern-cutter and tailor, and Grace the fabric developer and maker.

I would really appreciate any comments from the like-minded people in this lovely community - Style Zeitgeist and the designers featured have been such a great influence to our work. Please take a look at our collections so far on our website - http://www.shhorn.com

The fabric has been carefully made by hand in-house on our floor loom, then precisely cut, machine sewn and finally hand-stitched in our Pyrmont atelier with great attention to detail and each thread passing through our own hands.

We source some of the highest quality yarns and fibres from Australia and Japan, to reflect our emphasis on wearability, supreme craftsmanship and material and the desire to create timeless garments that charm and enchant.

Thank you so much for the time you have taken and the patience to view our work.

http://www.shhorn.com
  • zen dog
    • Jan 2014

Hey Shhorn, Thanks for putting your work out for scrutiny. I think you have some good pieces here. I look at the collections knowing you are a young company, but I see a number of pieces I would wear or would like to see someone wearing on the street.

Looking at your website: Mentioning your attention to the fabric made me intrigued- looking closer at the material and taking the pieces more seriously. I would have liked to see notes of the treatments next to the pieces. Also, I know look books are made to sell by mood. When I see things I like I go to store websites that carry the pieces to see them displayed in a more matter of fact manner. I don't have that luxury with you, so maybe somewhere a model with front, side and back views.

Good job.

Comment

• Dropt
      • May 2009

Same, I find it pretty annoying entering a website only to see an eerie lookbook (which is all well and good for artistic purposes) but no presentation of the actual garments. I mean, show your work by all means — just don't make it unnecessarily tedious. Most fabrics seem felted… do you also weave/knit some of them? Great stuff.
      Last edited by Dropt; 06-20-2017, 01:11 AM.

Comment

• Hoser
        • Jul 2017

Really nice stuff. Regarding what is available, the trousers and scarf are my favorites.

Comment

• shhorn
          • Sep 2016

Originally posted by zen dog View Post
          Hey Shhorn, Thanks for putting your work out for scrutiny. I think you have some good pieces here. I look at the collections knowing you are a young company, but I see a number of pieces I would wear or would like to see someone wearing on the street.

Looking at your website: Mentioning your attention to the fabric made me intrigued- looking closer at the material and taking the pieces more seriously. I would have liked to see notes of the treatments next to the pieces. Also, I know look books are made to sell by mood. When I see things I like I go to store websites that carry the pieces to see them displayed in a more matter of fact manner. I don't have that luxury with you, so maybe somewhere a model with front, side and back views.

Good job.
          Thanks mate, I appreciate the feedback and since then we have opened an online shop that talks more about the actual garments, processes and techniques involved. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this and will want to develop on it.

It has always been a struggle to communicate these things without feeling too commercially driven, and I think we are slowly starting to find our way. It is the first collection that we have produced a limited quantity of and have already learnt a lot!

Comment

• shhorn
            • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Dropt View Post
            Same, I find it pretty annoying entering a website only to see an eerie lookbook (which is all well and good for artistic purposes) but no presentation of the actual garments. I mean, show your work by all means — just don't make it unnecessarily tedious. Most fabrics seem felted… do you also weave/knit some of them? Great stuff.

Thanks and its good to know these thoughts. Since posting we have put up an online store with more direct descriptions of the garments, the fabrics and all the processes involved. I am hoping to improve this over time but will be great to hear some thoughts on this too. http://www.shhorn.shop/shop

Comment

• zen dog
              • Jan 2014

The "shop" part of your website is very helpful. Is it me or is it hard or not possible to link to your first website displaying more garments and images? Since there is so much individual work done could you offer some of the past collections on special order? Even if the original run of fabric is no longer available, with a different fabric? That way your offerings won't seem so sparse. You are far from commercial so no problem showing dyeing shots or close ups of your stitching.

Looking good and I hope to see you expand your offerings.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎