• May 2015

Comment

• Mascarar
            • May 2015

Comment

• bi09111997
              • Jun 2015

Wowowow. Love this collection.

By the way, may I ask if anyone know what are those footwear? I heard that Rick will not collab with Adidas anymore starting from this collection?

Comment

• jogu
                • Jun 2009

eh i dont love it but its not bad. theres options for lots of people now ; phat pants (which i still love), short shorts , slimmer cut pants if one doesnt like the rave trash pants . i dislike that turtle green color though. as always i love the luxe technical fabrics. i get that not everyone who wears rick is some old goth and hes got more consumers to entertain that are mainstream and look at his clothes as just "cool high fashion " but id love an all black collection again . all in all its a nice collection with ideas from prior seasons so i appreciate the consistency , i just dont love this like i did moody or mastodon. still, theres quite a few individual pieces that i want. he has a knack for staying rick despite the other stuff sent down runway

Comment

• electricgecko
                  • May 2012

i think we saw rick at his best, integrating the flourishes of seasons past back into the values his work is based on: concentrated, on point, monumental. there is a restraint and functionality to the sculpted pieces that got lost in the blurred looks of walrus and glitter. in this regard, dirt is a fitting title: short and impactful.

Comment

• julian_doe
                    • Mar 2013

I don't wear colors, ever/at all.

This is the most amazing collection I have seen so far for SS 18. If there is a concern about the green that was used, rest assured that each piece will more than likely be produced in black as well.

In regards to presentation, it seems like Rick has returned to a sober color palette (yes, including the green), and a better choice couldn't have been made given the earthy tones of the runway (pale stone, clear water). This isn't loud (like Walrus or Faun) it is a luxurious display of comfort passing through the runway with a foreign elegance and a modest stoicism.

Maybe I am being poetic/philosophical...but that is the feeling I think Rick is brilliantly trying to inspire.

Comment

• vah
                      • Aug 2016

Really liking the shoes. Looks sorta like a weird, future-esque space sneaker-boot thing. The structural tops in those thin silk fabrics looks incredible. The new trousers (or looks like the Astaires but with a higher waist) is interesting too.
                      As much as I'd like to see it as well, just don't think Rick's going to make an all black collection again like he's done in the past, but who knows... Still, his use of colour, especially here feels very matured and elegant.

I like it overall.
                      Last edited by vah; 06-22-2017, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                        • Nov 2014

Close-ups of the shoes:

I really liked this collection and its presentation – the colors, the location and the decision to ignore all existing architecture and just build this huge construction on top of it.

Plus the song fit perfectly

"In these times, of hate and pain
                        We need a remedy, to take us from the reign
                        ealousy, a little greed
                        I've been thinking, of what i need
                        I need a freak"

Btw, does anyone know if it’s true he parted ways with Adidas?
                        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Lex1017
                          • Jul 2015

I love the lace ups. Loved the collection over all. Not really crazy about the short shorts but I think for those looks he was trying to put emphasis on the tops. The giant pannier bags were interesting. Hoping they gracefully double as shoulder bags. Cropped worker jackets look great over those stretched astaires. I love being able to see his evolution. The rise (high waist, long fly front) on those astaires is very similar to the walrus trousers just with a slimmed leg. Cropped, paired with chunky sneakers, and denim jacket is a nice(slight change. One very minor thing, not big on the branding on the shoes. Not a deal breaker, but I don't think it needs it.

Comment

• MSMMode
                            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Lex1017 View Post
                            I love the lace ups. Loved the collection over all. Not really crazy about the short shorts but I think for those looks he was trying to put emphasis on the tops. The giant pannier bags were interesting. Hoping they gracefully double as shoulder bags. Cropped worker jackets look great over those stretched astaires. I love being able to see his evolution. The rise (high waist, long fly front) on those astaires is very similar to the walrus trousers just with a slimmed leg. Cropped, paired with chunky sneakers, and denim jacket is a nice(slight change. One very minor thing, not big on the branding on the shoes. Not a deal breaker, but I don't think it needs it.
                            I agree with the back of the shoe branding, ever since he started with mastodon I don't want to showcase what I'm wearing by a "logo" but by the overall look.

Comment

• jogu
                              • Jun 2009

collection's growing on me more i review it but im probably in the minority of not really feeling the footwear. btw , where are the old regulars that used to post here like shucks, etc ? i took a long break while i was in grad school (i quit the program! ) and when i come back i feel like i havent seen them on here

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎