• Show
Clear All
  • Mascarar
    • May 2015

Boris Bidjan Saberi Men's SS18

http://nowfashion.com/boris-bidjan-s...18-paris-22266
  • Nomadic Planet
    • Dec 2012

Seems like Mr Bidjan Saberi has put out another very strong collection....
    Edit: I also loved the music, that's totally my style... can anyone point me in the right direction to know what it was?
    Last edited by Nomadic Planet; 06-22-2017, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• darkart
      • Jun 2011

This is a very strong collection indeed. My first sight was like....wow, good collection, lots of color variation and styling was great as well. But after a second detailed look of each look. They are basically similar stuff from previous SS17 and AW17. Extra long knot knit from first look is nice but not practical. To be honest, only the short version of the double zip fencing leather jacket looks practical. Outdoor parka with the short vest piece makes the upper body super boxy like. (Not my cup of tea). Footwear collaboration with Salomon, except the low cut front zip. Nothing new except colors. The new vest bag with the front piece makes the model looks like a medic from WW2 without the the red cross in front. The collection keep introducing the sleeveless tailored vest from SS17 collection which in reality was selling pretty expensive(in my opinion) and not selling well in stores( based on the observation of sizes left in store even during sale period). I do still have a lot to criticize about this collection but I think I might stop here. In conclusion. color was nice but lack of creativity(maybe I am too picky), a lot of re-introduction of old pieces with different styling. To be honest I think we SZ members seen too much of woah creation and we constantly need pure new designs to feed our brain. This is certainly not a woah collection to me.

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by darkart View Post
        This is a very strong collection indeed. My first sight was like....wow, good collection, lots of color variation and styling was great as well. But after a second detailed look of each look. They are basically similar stuff from previous SS17 and AW17. Extra long knot knit from first look is nice but not practical. To be honest, only the short version of the double zip fencing leather jacket looks practical. Outdoor parka with the short vest piece makes the upper body super boxy like. (Not my cup of tea). Footwear collaboration with Salomon, except the low cut front zip. Nothing new except colors. The new vest bag with the front piece makes the model looks like a medic from WW2 without the the red cross in front. The collection keep introducing the sleeveless tailored vest from SS17 collection which in reality was selling pretty expensive(in my opinion) and not selling well in stores( based on the observation of sizes left in store even during sale period). I do still have a lot to criticize about this collection but I think I might stop here. In conclusion. color was nice but lack of creativity(maybe I am too picky), a lot of re-introduction of old pieces with different styling. To be honest I think we SZ members seen too much of woah creation and we constantly need pure new designs to feed our brain. This is certainly not a woah collection to me.
        I partly agree with you... I feel BBS evolves slowly from one collection to the next. It's always a slow evolution, never a big revolution vs previous collections. Yes, there's a feeling of deja vu with similar stuff from his previous work, but it's handled with growing maturity. I liked it a lot. Not groundbreaking, not revolutionary, not woah creation, but hasn't bbs always been like that? steady, on course, slowly building up his aesthetic universe. Not a big woah, but a subtle interesting woah, at least to me.

Comment

• darkart
          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
          I partly agree with you... I feel BBS evolves slowly from one collection to the next. It's always a slow evolution, never a big revolution vs previous collections. Yes, there's a feeling of deja vu with similar stuff from his previous work, but it's handled with growing maturity. I liked it a lot. Not groundbreaking, not revolutionary, not woah creation, but hasn't bbs always been like that? steady, on course, slowly building up his aesthetic universe. Not a big woah, but a subtle interesting woah, at least to me.
          I agree with you Nomadic Planet, slowly building up his universe. Maybe I was expecting too much after his AW15,SS16,AW16,SS17,AW17, roller coaster upwards motion. The more I look at those collections, the more I want them. Nothing was re-introduced in that way. This is a huge let down to me personally.

Comment

• electricgecko
            • May 2012

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
            I also loved the music, that's totally my style... can anyone point me in the right direction to know what it was?
            wasn't that ben frost again?

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
              • Apr 2013

I bet some money that it was going to be green and I was right, but no one could have expected that second half, I was literally grinning ear to ear when all of a sudden those orange pieces came out. This collection is incredibly strong and the pictures aren't doing any justice to what it actually looked like, but it was an incredible show with plenty of new silhouettes and styles, with a natural evolution of the previous body of work. I will personally be picking up as much as I can of ss18 and if the orange complements my skin tone I will also take a look. This particular collection has an energy that I can not put into words properly but for now it was a spectical and blew away any other impressions of any other shows I saw today and yesterday.
              Originally posted by unwashed
              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
              Originally posted by Ahimsa
              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Arkady
                • Apr 2011

Unable to form sentences yet, but I was wondering what the name of the collection is?

Comment

• SafetyKat
                  • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                  Unable to form sentences yet, but I was wondering what the name of the collection is?
                  "L91: Mountaintop Al-Chemist Cult"

Comment

• SafetyKat
                    • Aug 2014

One of my favorite shows in awhile. I thought the layering was especially fresh and intriguing. Even moreso than just the clothes, he seems to be continuing a very specific, esoteric/alternate timeline exploration, story line which I hope he continues to develop in a meaningful way, as it is a huge thing that gets me looking forward to his shows. Fantastic job all around.

Antonioli's video coverage

Close-up vid of that good-good layering:

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Agreed with everyone, except that I did not see much in terms of new silhouettes, but some new things are in there. The olive color is amazing. I am so glad Boris is sticking to his guns.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                        Vegan Police
                        • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• electricgecko
                          • May 2012

↑ nice photos, thanks for constantly providing a closer look.

press release is available here, btw: PDF download

Comment

• C.R.E.A.M
                            • Feb 2015

The collection is named "ARCANISM".
                            And yes Ben Frost was on the board for the music.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                              • Nov 2014

Seems like Boris hasn’t heard of global warming yet.
                              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                              -Paris Hilton

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎