X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriggerDiscipline
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
    Seems like Boris hasn’t heard of global warming yet.
    I would expect entirely different buys to this show as the showroom has much more than just the show pieces and shows a different side to boris bidjan saberi. The concepts are still there though for this season.
    Originally posted by unwashed
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Originally posted by Ahimsa
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
      Seems like Boris hasn’t heard of global warming yet.
      It's not, but the fact that, as we ourselves complain about, that you can only do so much for a S/S season. Boris will do what he likes, and he likes heavier fabrics. I don't know how many stores will buy the heavy knit stuff, maybe it will be delivered in January, but that's his problem.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
          • Dec 2012

^uffff footwear looks really interesting, both mainline and Salomon collab..... I'm beginning to hate fashion, it never stops providing expensive things I desperately want... not cool for my finances ... I think I'm going to be poor all my life... well dressed but poor.... FML...

Comment

• julian_doe
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Backstage photos from StyleZeitgeist magazine

https://www.sz-mag.com/news/2017/07/...ens-backstage/
            Astounding photos! Seeing these close-up photos of the fabrics make the collection so much more incredible. I wonder if the rain parka was made of a transparent leather, or some kind of impermeable synthetic fiber.

(Hopefully the latter...)

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
              • Apr 2013

the parka with the removable lining is a synthetic fabric, but those also come in non synthetic as well as one of the looks in the show. It also has pockets on the lining. I do not know about rain but I would not wear it in the rain.
              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• julian_doe
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                the parka with the removable lining is a synthetic fabric, but those also come in non synthetic as well as one of the looks in the show. It also has pockets on the lining. I do not know about rain but I would not wear it in the rain.
                Thank you for this information!

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                  • Apr 2013

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
                  Thank you for this information!
                  There's plenty of goodies in this season. I hope the stores reflect that!

Comment

• falkenauge
                    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                    There's plenty of goodies in this season. I hope the stores reflect that!
                    For me, that's the biggest "problem". Bors is one of the few designers I'm willing to pay full price but it's incredibly difficult to 1) find the item you're looking for and 2) find it in my size (XL). And trying it on before is almost impossible because there are not many stores carrying the brand (which is, in some way, positive).

But I just find it a shame that I can't experience more of his creations live, just for the sake of it. He's really evolving year by year and I'm enjoying his vision and craftsmanship.

Comment

• 13we2
                      • Sep 2015

The official video of this season sucks. Footage accident?

Comment

• SafetyKat
                        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by falkenauge View Post
                        For me, that's the biggest "problem". Bors is one of the few designers I'm willing to pay full price but it's incredibly difficult to 1) find the item you're looking for and 2) find it in my size (XL). And trying it on before is almost impossible because there are not many stores carrying the brand (which is, in some way, positive).
                        Agreed. granted you can find a lot of retailers online, but that hardly matters much beyond just visually appreciating it, especially when a majority of people prefer to experience the garment in person before committing. I've also noticed that many of the same retailers, by BBS design I imagine, actually keep some of the crazier pieces they have in stock off the catalogs and more on the DL.

I've noticed, at least with the two retailers I frequent for BBS, that XL are always the first to go. Must be hard to beat that mob of big rabid boris bros that seem to snap everything up in beginnings of the selling seasons ;).

Comment

• HOCHIMINH
                          • Nov 2016

Its just constant frustration with Boris season after season having items be so damn inaccessible and hard to find.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by HOCHIMINH View Post
                            Its just constant frustration with Boris season after season having items be so damn inaccessible and hard to find.
                            You mean in person? There is plenty online, if you know where to look.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• julian_doe
                              • Mar 2013

All,

Just e-mail info@borisbidjansaberiny.com. The N.Y. boutique has an enormous inventory, and everyone who works there is extremely helpful and courteous.

Cheers.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                                • Apr 2013

as Julian says, they have an incredible inventory and on top of that they have exclusives every season that you can only get there, and in my most humble opinion they provide the best shopping experience in New York City. All of the staff have gone above and beyond for me in multiple occasions and I absolutely rely on them to get some of the more adventurous items, as many stores opt to get more of the classic items. (which is totally understandable of course).

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎